I recently bought my Marshall JCM2000/DSL401 all-tube 40W amp and i'm discovering new sounds everyday. These days i'm waiting also a new Fender Hot Rod '57 Vintage strat and i'm seriously looking for a pedal to distort my sound, as the OD1 and OD2 of the amp is not the sound i'd like to achieve.

I'd appreciate if you suggested me some distortion/fuzz pedals to have a good metal/lead sound.
Boss SD-1. Boosting OD-1 is amazing. Lots of sustain + more overdrive. If you boost OD-2 too much it gets fuzzy.
I've had really good luck with the Wylde overdrive by MXR.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
why did you buy the amp if you dont like the overdrive channels? surely you could have got an amp with better cleans and got a pedal for the same or even less money?
Quote by AdamDK
Boss SD-1. Boosting OD-1 is amazing. Lots of sustain + more overdrive. If you boost OD-2 too much it gets fuzzy.

I say nay to the SD-1. It's a really mediocre pedal and has ugly coloring IMHO. check out the Maxon OD9 or the OD808. The Fulltone OCD would be ideal too.
Fuzz up your clean channel with gain cranked up just enough for a nyce crunch. I like the Big Muff's - but of course there are many fuzz pedals available. In fact, a couple of folks on UG have great deals on their handmade one's.

Also, an OD Pedal really tightens things up (somekind of 808 clone, or re-issue.) Good Luck!
I'm using a bad monkey with my 401

Cheap and pushes the gain to what I need