Does anyone know of a pedal/effect that boosts my guitar's signal for solos? It can be simple, but adding distortion/sustain would be awesome too. My price range is up to about £50, maybe £60 (that's about $110).

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Id suggest the MXR 10 band eq, as you can eq your solo channel, such as to boost the mids, and then it has a slider for volume and gain. Im pretty sure its 110$

check it out.
Quote by woodsballplayer
Id suggest the MXR 10 band eq, as you can eq your solo channel, such as to boost the mids, and then it has a slider for volume and gain. Im pretty sure its 110$

check it out.

It said $216 on the MXR site, the 6-band is cheaper but no volume!

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

If u want a cheap solution which just does the basics u could get the Behringer PB-100 Preamp Booster pedal, about £20 off GAK.co.uk, inc. P+P. The MXR 10 band is more durable with more options for shaping ur tone though.
Quote by elgawley
If u want a cheap solution which just does the basics u could get the Behringer PB-100 Preamp Booster pedal, about £20 off GAK.co.uk, inc. P+P. The MXR 10 band is more durable with more options for shaping ur tone though.

Forget Behringer, if you want a cheap solution go with the EHX LPB-1 great little pedal at a great little price!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
stop making so many threads. you made 2 just like this already:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907981

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907991

and we've already answered your question and the answer is a boost will sound awful with your current amp - not because its a spider, but because its solid state and solid state amps don't like being boosted. Boost pedals are meant for getting more gain from the front end of a valve amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i feel like i already posted a response in this but it got deleted or something?

the mxr micro amp
Uhh, I haven't ever tried a boost pedal, although I have used a bad monkey which adds a bit of grit and definition to your sound.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
What amp do you have? Because if you have a valve amp, a simple OD pedal such as a Boss SD-1 would be ideal. However, if it is SS, then you'd probably be better off buying an EQ pedal.
Or you could just play with your guitar's volume at a little bit less than full, then pop it all the way up for the solo. It's cheaper and it'll still work, plus you don't have to worry about which pedals will sound best with your current amp. If you ever get a tube amp, though, I'd recommend building or buying a Dallas Rangemaster clone. It's a beautiful sounding treble booster that puts a really nice edge on for solos, plus it can boost your signal way up.
3rd TIME YOU'VE POSTED THE EXACT SAME THING

3rd time same answer:
There are clean boost pedals you could purchase... but my experience has found that an EQ pedal with a bit of a mid bump can really help you cut through the mix without having to be just louder (which in many cases you have to be so much louder to cut through at current EQ settings that all else is drowned out). Most EQ's have a level fader, so with the mid bump and *a little* extra level you should cut nicely and sit in the mix VERY well.
Personally, I like the Danelectro Fish and Chips pedal, it's very inexpesive and does the job nicely.... but there are others like the Boss GE7 (i think thats right..) or the MXR 10 band.... all very nice.... remember to to alway try it out before you buy it.

I also agree with most here about getting a better amp. Your Spider should be fine for bedroom practicing, but if you are planning on further practicing with others and gigging, you might want to consider other options.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.