I am having trouble on what amp to get I have chosing a guitar (Epiphone G310 if your wondering) but i dont know what amp to get I was thinking about getting a Marshall MG but apparently there rubbish so if anyone can help that would be great
German Accent- Ve Ah Neeting ze bazik infrmahtion...
If thats too much for you- we are needing the basic information.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

My price range is to about £40 - £60
And I mostly play Blues Rock if that helps
Valve Jr and a couple of pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
with 60 ponds, you could probably get your hands on a roland cube 15, but you'd have to haggle for about 7 pounds out of the owner, the other alternative, whcich I reccomend is save a about 50 more pounds and buy the cube 20
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by VanTheKraut
with 60 ponds, you could probably get your hands on a roland cube 15, but you'd have to haggle for about 7 pounds out of the owner, the other alternative, whcich I reccomend is save a about 50 more pounds and buy the cube 30

Corrected 20 to 30 .

But yeah, follow this guy's advice - this is EXACTLY the situation I was in for buying my first decent amp, and in the end I saved a while longer and got the 30 instead of the 15. I have never for a SECOND regretted this - for one thing, the 30 is big enough to practice with a band with, while the 15 probably isn't.

Only word of caution is that the Cube isn't the bluesist amp - it can do it, but I've heard people say that Vox are better at "warm" tones for a similar price.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Ok I'll probably buy the Roland Cube 30 then if i have enough patience, thanks for all your help though guys
um don't buy it right off the bat. check out the vox valvetronix amps. mine was perfect for covering a wide range of tones, mostly classic/hard rock styles. it could do metal but i guess the roland cube has a truer metal sound. but i would say you want the vox. the FX are VERY tweakable in that amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i have a roland cube 15x and even though it is no marshall plexi you can still get some good classic rock tones and blues tones out of it. i say go for the roland, its a good starter/practice amp and i have even gigged with it once(i used a mic though)
I don't know why you gus would tell him to get a Cube if he plays Blues Rock. A Blackheart would be far superior, especially if he decided to get an OD down the road. I've got a Cube 15 and have used the 30, and the cleans are decent for the price, but the medium OD sounds are terrible IMHO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
I don't know why you gus would tell him to get a Cube if he plays Blues Rock. A Blackheart would be far superior, especially if he decided to get an OD down the road. I've got a Cube 15 and have used the 30, and the cleans are decent for the price, but the medium OD sounds are terrible IMHO.

the blackheart is out of his pricerange
I'd save up a bit more, or see if you can get some quick cash and get an EVJ or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by SG Angus
I am having trouble on what amp to get I have chosing a guitar (Epiphone G310 if your wondering) but i dont know what amp to get I was thinking about getting a Marshall MG but apparently there rubbish so if anyone can help that would be great

Considering you're British I'd probaly go with the:

http://www.guitar.co.uk/amplifiers/electric/524-orange_crush_15_guitar_amplifier?page=2

It's a good amp, my friend has one, it's £65 but I'm sure you'd be able to chip in another fiver for it, money well spent.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
Considering you're British I'd probaly go with the:

http://www.guitar.co.uk/amplifiers/electric/524-orange_crush_15_guitar_amplifier?page=2

It's a good amp, my friend has one, it's £65 but I'm sure you'd be able to chip in another fiver for it, money well spent.

I really don't get the hype over the Crush series, it's essentially the MG of Orange and it sucks. It costs more than the Roland Cube 15 and doesn't even have effects or modelling.
+1 to the orange crush. Have played one a few times, and it's now at the top of my GAS list!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here