i hav a few questions about my EQ pedal. i was wondering where the best place to put the pedal in the pedalboard would be, and my other question is if anybody knows any good settings for metal that boost the mids.thnx.
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
In the effects loop is usually the most effective place. If you want the mids boosted then boost the mids. No one can tell you what settings will sound good to you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
well where in the Effects loop should it be? Behind my OD pedal? At the end of the loop?
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
You have your OD in the effects loop? Thats not a very good place for it. Put the crybaby and the OD in front of the amp and everything else in the loop. I don't think the order in the loop will make that big of a difference. Just experiment and see what works for you.
this may be a n00b question, but how do you put pedals before the amp i just never rly got wat that ment?
Concerts I've Been To:
Aerosmith x2
A Life Once Lost
Motley Crue
Pearl Jam
My Morning Jacket
Buckcherry
Velvet Revolver x3
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Red hot Chili Peppers
Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Putting the EQ pedal in the loop will make it's effects more noticable, and will make it 'tighter' sounding. Putting it in front lets you use it as a front-end boost and allows the preamp, amp EQ control and power amp all effect it, making it slightly less dramatic to your sound.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Carrothead 73
this may be a n00b question, but how do you put pedals before the amp i just never rly got wat that ment?

Plug them in between your guitar and your amp.
How can someone have a PRS and a Gibson running into a valveking? Return the EQ and get a better amp when you get some cash. It's frustrating to hear about people running really nice guitars, into IMHO pretty lousy head and a horrible cab.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.