Ok so whenever I'm logged in to WLM on this computer (I havent tried it on any other computers), it signs me out every 2 minutes or so, which, needless to say, is VERY annoying.

• I have changed the settings on Zone Alarm and even completely turned it off to confirm that it is not a firewall causing the problem
  • I have re-installed/repaired the program twice and removed the Messenger Plus add-on
  • I have also tried completely removing the program and downloading it again
  • This occurs on both WLM 8 and 8.1, and no error messages appear - all that happens is it signs me out of its own accord and leaves me with the message that it will sign me in again in a certain time

I'm totally stumped and can't find anything on any other online forums
So any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave
Do you have the most update version? And make sure your a computer administrator, if none of these work try re installing it
Yeah I'm pretty sure 8.1 is the most up to date
It will usually tell me if there is a better version available.

And ah that might help actually
I doubt my dad will make me an administrator because he thinks I'm the one who ends up putting viruses on the pc =P
But I could try running the program as another user

Thanks for your help peeps =)
I think its Zone Alarm; I had EXACTLY the same problem on Vista.

I would be on msn and would just suddenly sign me out, every two or so minutes. Now I don't have Zone Alarm and it's working fine...
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Yeah I originally thought that it was Zone Alarm causing the problem
But I closed Zone Alarm temporarily and ran MSN, and the same happened then =S

One thing I thought of though was the fact that we've recently upgraded to the paid version of Zone Alarm from the free one - do you think that would have an effect?
is your internet wireless? You might have a crappy connection. I had the same problem with WLM and it turned out to be a crappy connection due to a crappy wireless reciever. lolol
err... my version was the "paid" version as well... I can't be sure exactly what it was (I'm on XP now) but when I had Zone Alarm it didn't work for me
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Quote by Dilpickle1
is your internet wireless? You might have a crappy connection. I had the same problem with WLM and it turned out to be a crappy connection due to a crappy wireless reciever. lolol

Yeah it is, but the connection is coming up as very good.
Although it often isn't true when it says that, it seems to be connecting to websites quickly.
Seems strange that the problem should start now though =S

Hmm...
I've tried messing around with Zone Alarm a wee bit more, and its not signed out for a few minutes! *crosses fingers*
Quote by dave_zicochain
Ok so whenever I'm logged in to WLM on this computer (I havent tried it on any other computers), it signs me out every 2 minutes or so, which, needless to say, is VERY annoying.

• I have changed the settings on Zone Alarm and even completely turned it off to confirm that it is not a firewall causing the problem
  • I have re-installed/repaired the program twice and removed the Messenger Plus add-on
  • I have also tried completely removing the program and downloading it again
  • This occurs on both WLM 8 and 8.1, and no error messages appear - all that happens is it signs me out of its own accord and leaves me with the message that it will sign me in again in a certain time

I'm totally stumped and can't find anything on any other online forums
So any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

there has been a known problem with zone alarm and WLM

the only thing you can do is turn off IM security on zone alarm
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by Dilpickle1
take off zonealarm and use windows firewall?

If you have a router, it probably has a firewall, so no need to use a firewall. Windows firewall will only protect you from suspicious outgoing connection, not incoming.