Is it possible to burn as much fat walking rather than running? I know you would have to walk a little longer but it is just that I really enjoy going for a walk. I could walk around for hours and hours if I go walking on a trail or something. I am trying to transform my body and burn some stomach fat.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

If you use more calories than you gain from eating then theres no reason why not

and if your a big fatty that finds it hard to walk then your going to have a pretty good chance of loosing weight from going for a big walk everyday.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If you walk at a decent pace that gets your heart rate up then walking is an excellent way to burn calories.
I am not a huge fatty haha. I just want to lose 20 lbs or so to get rid of love handles. I just enjoy walking so I figure, why not walk for a few hours rather than running around a track?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

you should try running for hours and hours. you'd be thin in about 3 days
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
according to the internet, [which i suggest you use next time]

walking a mile is better than running a mile, but running for an hour is better than walking for an hour.

so yes walking is better*

(*not really better)
I love walking and I've not lost any weight from going on wanders on the other hand, I'm pretty scrawny as it is.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
HIIT is the best way to lose fat. Walking just doesn't cut it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Sustaining your workout is the key. Running does burn more calories generally but if you run for 15 minutes you'll probably burn less calories than an hour walk.

I see you have a Sheraton II. Love that guitar
I have a friend who is a marathon runner and she told me this: On flat ground you burn the same amount of calories per mile walking or running, which is about 100 calories. I would imagine that running would help you gain muscle faster and give you much greater cardiovascular gains, but from a pure calorie standpoint its the same.