Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I have a Gibson Sg classic with P-90's and no matter what I play it through it always gets this constant and annoying buzz. I have an Epiphone Special 2 and an epiphone thunderbird that I play through the exact same equipment and I do not get any unwanted noise from them. Anyone know what is wrong and what I should do?
thx
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
p-90s tend to buzz. try getting a better cable, might not do much though. you could try a noise gate, but personally i dont like them.
Wait you use a lot of gain right, since you seem to like metal? Well P-90s are single coils and because of their size prone to noise!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if its a really loud buzz you might have a wiring issue. open it up and see if theres a loose wire
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The p90s I have are pretty quiet as are a set of single coils in one of my strats. But all my guitars are shielded with copper tape and star grounded. I also keep my amp on an isolated outlet from the rest of the noise adding stuff in my house. Alot of the p90s have the plastic housing which has no shielding effect and I dont know what kind control compartment shielding is in the gibson SG.