Poll Options
View poll results: Which Jackson
DKMG Dinky
70 76%
KVX10 King V
22 24%
Voters: 92.
Page 1 of 2
Okay I am getting a new guitar and I am nto sure wether to get the Jackson King V KVX10 in cobalt blue( note the pic in the link is not the colour i want)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JVX10-X-King-V?sku=512235

or the Jackson DKMG Dinky in cobalt blue swirl
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

My local guitar shops do not have ether of these so i am counting on everybody out there to guide me in my pursuit of a new guitar. Which one do you guys recommend?

I like to play metal and hard rock and I am purchasing a new amp along with the guitar it will be the peavey valveking 112. Dont care about the cost.
Every comment appreciated.
damn i voted v... i thought the dinky was the one that came with the passive emgs... I suggest the dinky though, its much better.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Joey i notice oyu have a dinky. It will only be my second guitar. JW what the tone is like and how easy is it to play?
in the dinky's specs:
#
# Floyd Rose-licensed double-locking tremolo Lifetime warranty

That means you get it repaired if it craps out on you right?

the king V doesn't have that

also dinky +
better Pups
better wood
better build quality
probaly better trem

Really smooth neck BTW and very good pups
i've played one and it was gooooodd
the cobalt blue swirl looks really sick
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Oh yeah another thing does anybody happen to know a website i could buy the dinky of minus ebay that will ship to the UK because i jsut found out Musicians friend won;t ship it to the UK. Anybody know any online shops that do it?
hands down dinky for sure
getting the king v would be like slapping god in the face, it's not worth sacrificing that much quality for the shape

and i love mine
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
gak.co.uk
try them
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
Quote by xxmoshoutxx
gak.co.uk
try them

I already tried gak and they only have the js30 and the dk2 the dk2 had seymour duncan pickups and i wont be able to change them. and the js30 is the lesser version and doesnt look much better than my current squire.
Quote by TollBoothWorker
Definitely the Dinky. I hate V's with a burning passion.

Repent Sinner.
Quote by KidBARTLEY
Joey i notice oyu have a dinky. It will only be my second guitar. JW what the tone is like and how easy is it to play?

I've got an older DKMG as my backup and I like it alot. The only thing I would change about mine is the bolt on neck and the pickups (which I did, but I just put in active EMG's). I'm not sure how the newer Jackson tremolos are though, but mine is actually pretty nice.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Go for the Dinky, thats what Im getting. Small world we live in Im getting the Valveking 112 as well.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
the DKMG is just a beast, got one earlier this year was my 3rd guitar.

Anyway, its got a fast neck, great sounding EMG's a solid whammy bar and is easy to play.

I love it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i have the kvx10, its a good guitar but if you buy it it will need a pickup change
Sig space available, give me some praise
Go for the Dinky, if you want a King V that's reliable, you're going to need to spend at least $600.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The Dinky is a better-made guitar than the King V. Jackson doesn't make very good King V's in my opinion. Go with the Dinky. Better pups, better wood, better tremolo, etc. And its a Dinky. You can do anything with it.
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Last edited by foxthor_rider2k at Jul 13, 2008,
Quote by KidBARTLEY
I find that slightly revolting lol.

I think it looks good though I would rather see it with a Urban Camo (Blue version) paint scheme.
Quote by VGuitarist80
I think it looks good though I would rather see it with a Urban Camo (Blue version) paint scheme.

Would it not be very difficult for you to play guitar if your guide dog was in the way?

Dinkys = UGLY King V's = ORGASMIC!
Quote by MOMOJUP
in the dinky's specs:
#

That means you get it repaired if it craps out on you right?

the king V doesn't have that

also dinky +
better Pups
better wood
better build quality
probaly better trem

Really smooth neck BTW and very good pups
i've played one and it was gooooodd

ummmm nooooo
dkmg has better pups but only emg-hz's
Same wood
Same build quality
Same trem or i think better
King v has better inlays
better compound radius

I could get a king v swap the pups and have a better looking sexyer guitar for cheaper

_____GEAR__________
Esp/Ltd: EX:50
Jackson KVX10 (Dimebucker in bridge/Hb103 in neck
Jasmine by Takamine
Marshal MG15CD

Memeber of the Jackson/Charvel Owners

UG ]V[EGADET]-[ Fans Group
Dinky.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by King of King V
ummmm nooooo
dkmg has better pups but only emg-hz's
Same wood
Same build quality
Same trem or i think better
King v has better inlays
better compound radius

I could get a king v swap the pups and have a better looking sexyer guitar for cheaper

Sorry but you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.If you had bothered to actually look at the two guitars that TS posted you would see that the V has duncan designed passives while the dinky has active EMG pups in it.The dinky also has overall better wood quality and construction than the V,not the same as you stated.Better inlays? Are you kidding me? Inlays don't affect playability and they shouldn't be a reason as to why one guitar is a superior instrument,especially when the only real difference is their size.Better compound radius? last I checked the compound radius was standardized and ranged from 14"-16",so I fail to see how the V has a "better" one.

TS,go with the Dinky,it's much better than the V in nearly every respect.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

get the Dinky, Vs are my favorite shape, but the KVX10 is not that great, not too good pickups and it neck dives like hell.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Sorry but you clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.If you had bothered to actually look at the two guitars that TS posted you would see that the V has duncan designed passives while the dinky has active EMG pups in it.The dinky also has overall better wood quality and construction than the V,not the same as you stated.Better inlays? Are you kidding me? Inlays don't affect playability and they shouldn't be a reason as to why one guitar is a superior instrument,especially when the only real difference is their size.Better compound radius? last I checked the compound radius was standardized and ranged from 14"-16",so I fail to see how the V has a "better" one.

TS,go with the Dinky,it's much better than the V in nearly every respect.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2911300

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2900100

Well i gess I did look it up.... look
I did say the dinky had better pups and there bolth made of alder

Idk thats like saying a .50cal to the wont kill you and a .22 will.....there bolth bullets hitting you in the head there bolth ganna kill you. Same as the woods.

All you do is add 100-200$ becuse the dinky has has "EMGS!!"
no, not "just because it has EMGS"

the dinky is generally a better guitar, its far better built and they feel nicer
Top lel.
Well How is it nicer built? same company make it?? the bolth have bolt on maple necks?? I don't get it....Explain to me than maby I can understand better.

And I do admit it proly fells nicer when sitting down and stuff but saying it feels nice than a V is a personal prefrence.
Quote by King of King V
Well How is it nicer built? same company make it?? the bolth have bolt on maple necks?? I don't get it....Explain to me than maby I can understand better.

And I do admit it proly fells nicer when sitting down and stuff but saying it feels nice than a V is a personal prefrence.

The link to zzsounds is the old version. The new version comes with the EMG 81/85 set and another pro for the dinky is that it hangs balanced around your neck. The KV dives.
Otherwise: you are right. Construction and woods are same quality. Only the pickups and wiring/pots differ between pro series and x series.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by King of King V

Correct your English and maybe we can understand you better

In general that Dinky has a higher build and wood quality than the V.They may use the same species of wood but that doesn't mean it's the same quality,not every sample is the same.The Dinky not only uses better pups,but it has a trem that has a warranty on it,I don't think I need to get into why that's a good thing.You could buy the V,which uses low quality wood and pickups,and a trem that doesn't have a warranty,then go out and spend the extra money to replace the pickups,but you have to look at installation fees and the actual price of the pups you want and by the time you add those up it'd cost just as much as the Dinky.Why do that when you can get a better quality instrument with good pickups already in it for the same price?

Your logic is based completely on you being a V fan and nothing else,just because the shape is "ZOMGBR00T4LZ!!" doesn't mean it's a better instrument.Quality and sound beats shape every time.

Also,in my personal opinion,the finishes on that Dinky look a lot better than the V,and the neck binding is pretty damn sweet too.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut

In general that Dinky has a higher build and wood quality than the V.They may use the same species of wood but that doesn't mean it's the same quality,not every sample is the same.

That is not true. Where did you get that information? Hearing from others?
The woods used in the X series come from the same pile as the woods used in the pro and MG series.
Seen the piles with my own eyes. Only difference is wiring, pots and pickups. A RX10D is an RR3 with another wiring, other pots and other pickups.
The JS series get the bad woods.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Pr0gNut

In general that Dinky has a higher build and wood quality than the V.They may use the same species of wood but that doesn't mean it's the same quality,not every sample is the same.The Dinky not only uses better pups,but it has a trem that has a warranty on it,I don't think I need to get into why that's a good thing.You could buy the V,which uses low quality wood and pickups,and a trem that doesn't have a warranty,then go out and spend the extra money to replace the pickups,but you have to look at installation fees and the actual price of the pups you want and by the time you add those up it'd cost just as much as the Dinky.Why do that when you can get a better quality instrument with good pickups already in it for the same price?

Your logic is based completely on you being a V fan and nothing else,just because the shape is "ZOMGBR00T4LZ!!" doesn't mean it's a better instrument.Quality and sound beats shape every time.

Also,in my personal opinion,the finishes on that Dinky look a lot better than the V,and the neck binding is pretty damn sweet too.

I don't know......I think there the same
Warrantys and claming to have better wood is convincing me.

I also could say your logic is based on being a Dinky fan.
Quote by LP_CL
The link to zzsounds is the old version. The new version comes with the EMG 81/85 set and another pro for the dinky is that it hangs balanced around your neck. The KV dives.
Otherwise: you are right. Construction and woods are same quality. Only the pickups and wiring/pots differ between pro series and x series.

I see the emgs now...but still

I can pay 700 for a dinky with emgs or 500 and then go buy some real pickups.
Page 1 of 2