sorry this might really be a dumb question but i couldnt find an answer anywhere

so my amp runs on 12ax7's and EL34's.
does it matter what brand of tube i use as long as they are 12ax7's and EL34's?

and my other question:

can i mix and match tube brands
ex: electroharmonix on the preamp, and JJ's on the poweramp? will that damage the amp?

again, probably stupid questions, but thanks whoever helps.
Different tube brands sound better than others. And you can certainly mix and match brands. Refer to the "everything you wanted to know about tubes" thread.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
thanks, also does anyone recommend a certain tube for very high gain?
i use electro harmonix tubes. I've heard bad things about those tubes that "claim" they add more gain and all that so i dont go for that. I got a high gain amp. I don't need extra gain tubes.
Quote by XyphR

I like JJ's tubes.... so do a lot of other folks.... try the guys at eurotubes.com, they can make specific recommendations on what types of tubes to complete the tones you want pertaining to YOUR specific amp.... I find them to be very helpful/extremely knowledgeable.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Also if you don't have experience with biasing, I'd bring it in to do that because you can't just throw random brands in without biasing the tubes first.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by XyphR

EH or Tungsol 12ax7's.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by solidsnake15
i use electro harmonix tubes. I've heard bad things about those tubes that "claim" they add more gain and all that so i dont go for that. I got a high gain amp. I don't need extra gain tubes.
I'm with you on that bro.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION