If i were to get a strat, which would you recommend? American Standard, American Deluxe, Vintage 62, of Vintage 57. HOw does the tone on the modern strats compare with the tone on the vintage? I am a big fan of rhcp and i know, or I think, John uses a 62, sooo... i would be leaning towards that one, but it comes standard with a three way toggle switch. : ( Is this hard to change. I know it comes with the parts. Thanks.
i would get the vintage 57 or you can save up longer and get a custom shop strat.
The 57 has SCN pickups which are TONS better than the American Vintage pickups that come with it. And also the bridge pickup also would add some extra punch.
John also has a 58 strat which would be close to the 57 strat. He has like 5 strats from the 50's and 60's.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
my bad i thought you were talking about the American Vintage Hot Rod '57 strat
you should get that one anyway
if you want to get the American Vintage '57 or the American '62 it really comes down to the neck because other than that they are exactly the same
so choose between a V neck and C neck
My Gear:
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
so would there really be a difference between a hot rod 62 and a hot rod 57? which out of those.
Quote by abovetherim981
so would there really be a difference between a hot rod 62 and a hot rod 57? which out of those.

57 has a maple fretbord and a hard V neck and the 62 has a U shaped neck.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
and i believe that the 57 has SCN pickups which the 62 doesnt
My Gear:
plus accessories