I asked this over in the GB&C and I didn't get anything.

I was wondering if changing out the reverb pan on my Mesa f-30 could make the reverb sound better. I know I can't get it to sound as good a deluxe reverb, but I would like it to be better. Any suggestions that could make the reverb sound better are appreciated.

Also, is changing the pan as simple as unscrewing it and unplugging it, and plugging in the new one?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^Kinda what I was afraid of. I really didn't want to mess around with a pedal but I guess I'll have to look into that now.
I doubt you'll be able to improve it.. It's most likely an accutronics tank anyway, and reverb tanks are pretty cheap in the scheme of things. It is more the reverb circuit. Holy Grail maybe?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Like I'm going to spend 600 dollars for some reverb. No thanks.
Quote by Kevin Saale

Dude, I laughed so hard at the "fail thread" in your sig. That is unbelievable.

Anyway, I was joking about the Fender Reverb. I would just pick up a reverb pedal, but I don't use one so I couldn't give you specific suggestions.
Quote by Kevin Saale

honestly though, its the best reverb ive ever heard in my life.
IMO nothing even touches it. maybe look for it used or something. its so lush, it makes me cry haha
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
^I don't need the perfect reverb sound. I don't even really need a good one, I was just trying to find out if changing the pan could make a noticeable difference.

That being said though, I might have to try and find one of those used.