Hey,
With my gear trading plans, i'm probably going to trade off my Peavey Classic for some other guitar stuff. And, I will be replacing the Jensens in my CBB with Eminences.

This will leave me with only one amp (which can really only do clean and low gain blues), and a Jensen-loaded 4x10 cab (i'm going to get one built by a local).

Now, I'm looking for a good lower wattage tube head (less than 30 watts) to handle some more overdriven stuff (like old clapton, and stuff like that). I will probably only end up spending 600 USD or less on it, but i'll have to see what happens.

I was thinking of a Ceriatone Tweed Deluxe or Orange Tiny Terror head, but i'm not quite sure yet. If you think of something which would be good for me, give a suggestion!

Many thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That's what I was thinking too (the TT), but I wanted to see if something else would be better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
about double your budget, but I see you have some boutique taste in amps. If you could swing it, the Suhr Badger 18 or 30 are killer sounding amps. The power scaling is probably the best I've used, bar none, and I've owned several attenuators on the market. It's the only one that keeps the tone virtually intact besides speaker breakup. Just a killer sounding amp man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^Yeah, In theory, I could stretch my budget, but I'll have to see.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by MrCarrot
You want an 18w.

yes.
i beleive ceriatone makes great ones.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
yea, tbh, ceriatone sounds quite tasty. plexi head copy, get some nice OD tones from it. come on mannnn....you know you want it.....!!!!

you'll have the best of both worlds: perfect cleans and vintage marshall overdrive.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Yeah, that ceriatone 18 looks yummy too. I was just throwing a couple out there.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Put it this way; the 18w sounds almost identical to a Plexi. Hendrix, Clapton, Townshend and ACDC all used Plexis or JTM45s which are veeery similar. Not to mention the thousands of other plexi users... Even Yngwie?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Guess you're right.
The only problem with Ceriatone, is that it gets pricey when you factor in everything, which kind of stinks. It would be nice to just buy a TT locally, so I wouldn't have to worry about waiting or shipping or anything like that.
But, I don't even have the cash yet. I was just contemplating my future options.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
dark, i think your the reason i have GAS.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I induce GAS, eh?

Cool!

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I induce GAS, eh?

Cool!

yeah, your like a bean.
ive also been considering buying an 18 watt head. i just dont think its gonna happen for me anytime soon, i need my money for college and stuff.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Honestly, I would recommend a JCM800, u can buy used for 500-700, and 50 Watt form isn't REALLY loud, but it still is incredibly loud lmao.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

carvin vintage 16!!!! switchable from 16 watts to 5 watts. i promise it will do all you need it too
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
That Suhr is sexy. I'll have to see if financial fortune shines on me.

There is a used JCM 800 in my town, but i've played them before and they really aren't for me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Seems to me like the Ceriatone Tweed would be best for what you're looking to do. Old Clapton? C'mon!

You really think the best use of those old Jensens is to throw them in a cab? If you don't like 'em enough in your amp, do you really think you'll like them in a cab? Why not try to sell them, too? Maybe get yourself a 2x12 to offset your 4x10 combo a little more.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by darkarbiter7
That's what I was thinking too (the TT), but I wanted to see if something else would be better.

This is the one i've been looking at

http://www.fargenamps.com/ampminiplex.html

but last i heard it's like 3X your original budget. great sound bite though at the bottom of the page.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by slatsmania
Seems to me like the Ceriatone Tweed would be best for what you're looking to do. Old Clapton? C'mon!

You really think the best use of those old Jensens is to throw them in a cab? If you don't like 'em enough in your amp, do you really think you'll like them in a cab? Why not try to sell them, too? Maybe get yourself a 2x12 to offset your 4x10 combo a little more.

I see where you're coming from, but the Jensens are actually pretty good in british voiced amps. They sound good with my peavey classic, and I've plugged in my friend's BH LG into them, and they sound pretty good.
They just don't sound good with american voiced amps like my CBB.

I'm pretty sure they would sound good with a lower wattage american voiced amp like the Tweed Deluxe, the Jensens just don't like real bright amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jul 13, 2008,