hey, im really developing a "tonal" ear, i guess you could say; and im starting to realize how much i don't like the classic rock distortion on my amp. (vox ad30vt) I'm really looking for a pushed tube amp sound, and i guess a marshall plexi sound. i probably will try to mod the blackheart too. I can't try one out, so i was going to order one off of musicians friend, and then send it back if i dont like it, but i dont wanna waste my time and all that. So will it be that much of an upgrade? i play blues and classic rock by the way, and i just can't seem to get my amp on that "breaking point," right between clean and distortion.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by KetchupLad14
I'm assuming you don't gig, right?

If so, I guess you could get it if you want, it's a cool little amp, but I don't know how necessary it is.

well, i haven't gigged yet, but we have a bunch scheduled in august.
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
bro, i had the AD30VT for a couple years before getting my first two tube amps. and i still love the amp for practicing and jammin some. but compared to the blackheart....classic rock just doesn't sound NEARLY as good!! you WILL hear a huge difference in tone, you'll get that breakup sound you're looking for i promise.

you're wanting a marshall sound in a small amp, and you'll get really close w/ the blackheart. keep in mind it uses el84s so it's not the exact marshall sound. more of a mix of vox AND marshall tones. but any vintage marshall tone you want you'll get w/ it.

just listen to my clips, they're done w/ a blackheart little giant and i say whether or not i've got the OD pedal on the clip. you'll love the tone.

slash_edit: if you're looking for a gigging amp then remember that the blackheart will have to be mic'd in anything larger than a small club. maybe look at the 15 watt handsome devil too.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
didn't you just have a similar post that I was responding too...

anyways, I have heard really good things about the blackheart. good tube sound, and takes pedals very well. You can spend a little more and get the handsome devil, which is 15 watts which would be louder then your vox, and gain controls and such sound pretty good.

or you could look into something like a classic 30. 30 watts will most of the time be too loud for bedroom practice, but I would think low enough that you could have it at decent levels and still sound good. Also the classic 30 would be plenty loud if you ever start jamming with friends with a drummer or something
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by slash_rocks2005
bro, i had the AD30VT for a couple years before getting my first two tube amps. and i still love the amp for practicing and jammin some. but compared to the blackheart....classic rock just doesn't sound NEARLY as good!! you WILL hear a huge difference in tone, you'll get that breakup sound you're looking for i promise.

you're wanting a marshall sound in a small amp, and you'll get really close w/ the blackheart. keep in mind it uses el84s so it's not the exact marshall sound. more of a mix of vox AND marshall tones. but any vintage marshall tone you want you'll get w/ it.

just listen to my clips, they're done w/ a blackheart little giant and i say whether or not i've got the OD pedal on the clip. you'll love the tone.

slash_edit: if you're looking for a gigging amp then remember that the blackheart will have to be mic'd in anything larger than a small club. maybe look at the 15 watt handsome devil too.

thanks man, that tone is incredible.
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.