Okay, i just got a new computer about half a year ago. i had to reformat it the first time because bell told my brother to delete something off of the computer that i couldnt get back without reformating it. and ever since i reformatted it it has been really gay. after it being on for a while it will do this wierd thing where very thing kinda flashed black, and the icons at the bottom are at the top, and everything is ****ed up. im not sure if its because theres a driver i didnt install, or what. but it was annoying as hell. and, my system " computer rating"' or something went from 3.0 to 1.0 . making all the games hard to play, and everything was wall ****ty. but that first time i reformatted it i installed vista over the vista i already had without realizing it. so this time i did it right, but now it still has a system rating of 1.0, and i just did it so i dont know if it will still screw up after a while. anyone, please give me some info on what to do and how to fix it. im also not sure what drivers to install

system thingies:
Dell Inspiron 530
32-bit vista

i dunno what else you will need to know. i have the disk with all the drivers and diagnostics and stuff but i dont know which ones to install. PLEASE help
sounds like something burnt out in the p.c id say your graphics card judging by your description
heres wat u do. take it out to the middle of a field. then smash it, shoot it, and burn it. then go out and buy a mac.
vista + dell

your problem
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
You need to find out what make your graphics card is. then go on the website of the graphics card manufactuer and download the latest drivers for your model.
If you right click the taskbar and uncheck the LOCK THE TASKBAR button you can then drag it to the bottom of your screen.
Please explain the flashing thing.
Quote by dickhaus
heres wat u do. take it out to the middle of a field. then smash it, shoot it, and burn it. then go out and buy a mac.

agreed, but video the smashing.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
lol ive used vista for over a year with no problems...i think only the computer illiterate could possibly mess it up its a solid OS it even has that UAC window pop up every time you do something that could affect your pc. but yea it sounds like possibly your graphics card overheated idk
Somehow it's also making it difficult for you to type properly too?

What gets the 1 rating when you run the check? Memory, graphics, cpu? Your overall score is calculated by the one componant that gets the lowest rating. This would be a good place to start figuring out what's wrong.

And why don't you call dell tech support/check their website to see what drivers need to be installed. If your graphics card is what gets a "1" it is what probably needs the driver update, etc.
Microsoft has had so many complaints from both business and private users regarding Vista that if you complain enough to them they'll downgrade your Vista back to XP (with the licensed install disk) for free. Also there is word that they are hurrying up on Windows 7 to take over Vista, some say as early as the end of this year but probably not till end 2009. Vista is a fiasco just like Windows 2000 was.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
if vista thinks ur computer rating sucks then it's probably because you need to replace your drivers for EVERYTHING after you've reformatted, vista doesn't have as much plug and play flexibility as XP does. Also if it's a laptop then you'd have even less chance. So drivers for your graphics, sound, wireless, everything.

Try visitin the dell website and see if there are any drivers you might need for when you re-format.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
if vista thinks ur computer rating sucks then it's probably because you need to replace your drivers for EVERYTHING after you've reformatted, vista doesn't have as much plug and play flexibility as XP does.

Lolwut?

I have Vista home premium 32bit on my old Acer Ferrari 3400 laptop (2ghz, 512mb RAM), which I installed from a friend's Fujitsu Siemens PC bulk installation disk. I never had to download any drivers.
Quote by Guitar HERO27
Okay, i just got a new computer about half a year ago. i had to reformat it the first time because bell told my brother to delete something off of the computer that i couldnt get back without reformating it. and ever since i reformatted it it has been really gay. after it being on for a while it will do this wierd thing where very thing kinda flashed black, and the icons at the bottom are at the top, and everything is ****ed up. im not sure if its because theres a driver i didnt install, or what. but it was annoying as hell. and, my system " computer rating"' or something went from 3.0 to 1.0 . making all the games hard to play, and everything was wall ****ty. but that first time i reformatted it i installed vista over the vista i already had without realizing it. so this time i did it right, but now it still has a system rating of 1.0, and i just did it so i dont know if it will still screw up after a while. anyone, please give me some info on what to do and how to fix it. im also not sure what drivers to install

system thingies:
Dell Inspiron 530
32-bit vista

i dunno what else you will need to know. i have the disk with all the drivers and diagnostics and stuff but i dont know which ones to install. PLEASE help

Yeah, this is definitely Microsoft's fault. Damn Vista!
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Lolwut?

I have Vista home premium 32bit on my old Acer Ferrari 3400 laptop (2ghz, 512mb RAM), which I installed from a friend's Fujitsu Siemens PC bulk installation disk. I never had to download any drivers.

Yep it doesn't make much sense does it? Especially since it is an off the shelf brand so I am doubting that the re-install of Vista missed a driver. It is probably more of a video card failure with the flashing screen (don't think that would cause icons to flip flop but who knows?)

It's really hard to diagnose something in a forum as it could be so many things, software, hardware, or user error. Since none of us are there to check in order the things that need to be checked to do a proper diagnostic.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.