My strat is forced to have Fender Super Bullet strings on it, and those are getting old really fast. So, is it possible to have it fixed so I can put D'Addarios on it?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Yeah its hard to explain exactly, but where you put the strings in to change them in the back there are certain holes that only fit the Super Bullets, or something to that extent. I'm not exactly sure but thats what my local music shop said.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
yeah you can, they just say that so you buy the fender bullets, i use pink slinkys in my fender strat (Y)
bullsh*t.
dont listen to the shop.
you can fit new strings on it!
just buy em and try it, if it doesn't work contact the shop and they will fix it for you or something
or you can put a better bridge on your guitar?
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
That's just a line Fender dealers will feed you, you can string up with any brand you like.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
aaaah **** guys thanks. I feel like an asshole now haha I fell for a stupid marketing trick.
Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
I just lost so much respect for fender..
Taking advantage of uneducated noobs

lol how nice
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
no fender bullets fit the holes in the strat well, but other strings work just as well, even better with my strat. i didnt really like bullets when i used them. so go ahead and put d'addarios in, nothing bad will happen
Any electric string no matter what style of end should fit in those holes.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
The bullet ends are supposed to work better with fender wammies. How true it is I dont know. I use ddarrios in my fender wammy with no problems. Not sure why the shop would say this to you as fender strings are the same price as all the other brands. So its not like there is more profit in telling you this BS story.
what the shop probably said, and you misunderstood, is that the fender strings are designed to for the guitars bridge, not the other way around. there supposed to work the best with the tremolo system of the strat.
you can use any electric guitar string for your guitar.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
I just lost so much respect for fender..
Taking advantage of uneducated noobs

Thanks man, I appreciate it
Fender had nothing to do with that--his shop did. If that's what actually happened, then you have a bunch of idiots that work there, unless you misunderstood what they were saying.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Fender doesn't say that you can only use their Bullets.

His shop probably said something about Bullets working best and the TS thought they meant that's all he could use.

TS, string up with whatever you prefer. However, if you're going to go up a string gauge (or size) you'll probably have to have your Strat set up for the heavier or lighter strings.

If you just go with the same gauge (probably .09's, right?), use whatever manufacturer you like the best.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--