Page 1 of 3
Stéphane Paré (vocals), Yanic Bercier (drums) and Dominic "Forest" Lapointe (bass) of the Montreal-based technical death metallers QUO VADIS have announced their departure from the band. In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Paré explained, "As of today, July 13th, we are officially leaving the band for various reasons. As for the shows that are already booked, we are still going to perform as agreed, on a professional basis.

"This decision is the hardest for drummer Yanic Bercier as he has been in the band since day one, 15 years ago. As for [me], was in the band for more than 5 1/2 years."

This is lame, Quo Vadis was one of my favourite bands.
Last edited by Annihilator666 at Sep 24, 2008,
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well hopefully if we wait 10-15 years they'll have a reunion like most of the other prog/tech death metal bands.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I just got into them.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
****, i used to listen to them alot, they are awesome.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Bad news indeed. The loss of a fantastic band. Day Into Night is one of the best Technical Death Metal and/or Melodic Death Metal releases ever.

I hope the remaining musicians go on to do something productive though, especially Yanic. Sorely underrated drummer.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
RIP Quo Vadis.

I agree with everything Dyers said. They were a massively underrated band, and Yanic was one of the most underrated and impressive drummers in metal. I hope we hear new musi.from him soon.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^That would be sick.

Damn, I just started listening to these guys.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Damn, that's not good news.

I just hope that the various band members breath some life into other new bands.

Though new members could fill the slots, and Quo Vadis could continue under the same name. Obviously, won't be the same though.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
God damnit!!! I like Quo Vadis!

Ah well, If I'm perfectly honest their music didn't seem to be going anywhere, it was pretty generic in a lot of respects. I don't think they would have put anything mind-blowing out if they stuck around anyway. Better to quit while you're ahead than to degenerate into a shadow of your former glory.
I've heard that the guitar player is going to try to keep Quo Vadis going. Whether or not that goes anywhere (or even if it's worthwhile) remains to be seen.
Quote by Annihilator666
Stéphane Paré (vocals), Yanic Bercier (drums) and Dominic "Forest" Lapointe (bass) of the Montreal-based technical death metallers QUO VADIS have announced their departure from the band. In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Paré explained, "As of today, July 13th, we are officially leaving the band for various reasons. As for the shows that are already booked, we are still going to perform as agreed, on a professional basis.

"This decision is the hardest for drummer Yanic Bercier as he has been in the band since day one, 15 years ago. As for [me], was in the band for more than 5 1/2 years."

This is lame, Quo Vadis was one of my favourite bands.

**** THAT.

Well, I should probably take a listen to them before I make a truly biased opinion on them....But, hey, it's Christmas. Why the heck not?!?!?!

It sucks when a band breaks up...Well, a band with talent...and is decent.
It's actually a shame,i grew into metal with these guys.I might have to go spin their dvd and reminisce.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

hm i never listened to Defiant Imagination much perhaps I'll get around to it
liked some of the other stuff though
well guitar wise they may remain kinda constant but the drummer was also a big part of the music...
The drumming was brilliant imo
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Amazing musos, great drumming, decent band. They had some amazing songs like Point of No Return Pt I & II (especially pt II!). It's a shame they broke up - but I can't listen to them for too long - it gets boring after a while. *flameshield*
Quote by Annihilator666
Lets just hope that Bart doesn't decide to go on an ego trip and release a deathcore album like another Montreal band did.

Quote by Scourge441
I've heard that the guitar player is going to try to keep Quo Vadis going. Whether or not that goes anywhere (or even if it's worthwhile) remains to be seen.

Yeah, I assumed that would happen.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
did not see this coming, other than Forest, he has a few other projects
but at least they're ending on a high note
and but as someone said, Bart could probably keep the band going, i always liked the songs he wrote the best
My sig is better than yours
Fuck. I was just getting into them

I hope they'll all be doing something musically, I'd hate to think that that much talent is being wasted.
any mention on who'll be filling in?
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Mr. President

*Prays for a duel-reunion SYL/Quo Vadis tour in 09*

With you all the way.
Page 1 of 3