Page 1 of 3
Please don't bust on me telling me to bring this into the religion thread, but I just came back from a powerful experience last night at my church, where my friend, whom was blind in one eye, asked the pastor to heal her and then she closed her good eye and touched the pastor on the nose after his command. Now, she sees 20/20 in both of her eyes and that made all of my doubts of God go away.

I just want to ask my fellow Christians what your favorite Bible verses are and what they mean to you. Because I read this verse below before I went to bed last night and it seemed to make complete sense to what happened earlier:

Hebrews 11:6
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

This verse made me realize that some of our prayers may not be answered because we only hope that God will answer them, but once we truthfully believe that God will answer our prayers, they will indeed come true.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

That's not exactly how it goes, but I love the movie too much to change it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Proverbs 21:19
It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife.
You like it
dunno what verse it is but...

God bestowed onto man a seed that would grow a plant which produces more paper then trees... (Marijuana seed)
From the link I posted above:
Quote by Cracked.com

II Kings 2:23-24

We've all been there. You're walking along, minding your own business, when a gang of cocky, young bastards start hurling abuse at you. Most of us would just keep walking, or maybe, yell some insults back or flip them the bird. Elisha (commonly regarded as the Luke Skywalker to the Prophet Elijah's Obi-Wan Kenobi), however, decides to take it one step further. Invoking the name of God, he summons mother****ing bears to come and claw the **** out of them.

Christians are constantly asking for prayer in schools to help get today's kids in line, but we beg to differ. We need bears in schools. If every teacher had the power to summon a pair of child-maiming grizzly avengers, you can bet that schoolchildren nowadays would be the most well-behaved, polite children, ever. It's a simple choice: listen to the biology lesson, or get first-hand knowledge of the digestive system of Ursus horribilis.

Every year in Israel, divine-bear attacks kill over 500 children.

t should be pointed out that even after his death, Elisha continued to kick ass. II Kings 13:20-21 tells us that when a dead body was thrown into his tomb and touched Elisha's bones, it sprang back to life. It's unknown whether Elisha had this power in life, as well as death, but we like to think he did and that he had the habit of killing his victims with bears, resurrecting them, and then promptly re-summoning the bears to kill them, again. He'd just repeat the whole thing over and over until he got bored.

Cracked is one of the best sites on the 'net.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jul 13, 2008,
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Great one for the literalists Not a Christian by the way...
It's cliche, but I'm a sucker for the 23rd psalm. Makes me think of the Elephant Man.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by maggot9779
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Great one for the literalists Not a Christian by the way...

Did you not see the part up there where he said his friend was healed?
I was checking desperately for a "Jul '08" under your name.

Needless to say, I call BS.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by fob12
Did you not see the part up there where he said his friend was healed?

Yup, I don't buy it though. I like how you threw away the rest of the verse
When Jesus touched his penis
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
not trying to be rude or anything since i am christian but wouldnt this be all over the news???
And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand. -- Exodus 4:4
--> Now what would that "tail" and "rod" be :-p
"Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is six hundred and sixty six."
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
for it is a human number

I left alone,
my mind was blank,
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by fila_93
for it is a human number

Yeah, that one and the one from "Liberate" by Disturbed are the only ones I have memorized.

It doesn't bother me, since I'm Atheist, but I've always found it funny that the only verses I've ever known by heart came from songs.

"Out of Zion shall come forth the Law
And the Law of the LORD from Jerusalem
Nation shall not raise sword against nation
And they shall not learn war anymore.
From the mouth of the LORD hath spoken
"

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
No offense... but i call BS on the healing thing.
Party
Pants
In
My
Come
Wanna
You?

Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
clothes, you don't want as much detail as emptybullet gave you now, do you?
Genesis
1:1 At the first God made the heaven and the earth.

Gets me every time
Quote by smb
Get some doctors notes or something, otherwise you're just making it up.

i've seen this kind of thing happen before, i believe every word he's saying.

i cant think of a specific verse off the top of my head but a lot of stuff in Revelations is really awesome.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
I see that many people don't believe what I posted but I assure it's true, I would never put out a bad name for my faith or hurt what I'm representing. It's not just a bedtime story. He is real

Uh-huh.....

I see that many people don't believe what I posted but I assure it's true, I would never put out a bad name for my faith or hurt what I'm representing. It's not just a bedtime story. He is real.

Just like I said in Hebrews 11:6, Some people gave Christ up because they didn't believe in Him enough, so he may not answer your prayers if your running on empty, metaphorically, when you come to Christ only when you're in trouble and forget Him when you are doing fine, which leads you into a never-ending process where you'll never be eternally pleased with what God has for you, especially if you don't have Him with you every moment, even when he doesn't seem needed, but he is undoubtedly needed everywhere all the time.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
I see that many people don't believe what I posted but I assure it's true, I would never put out a bad name for my faith or hurt what I'm representing. It's not just a bedtime story. He is real.

Just like I said in Hebrews 11:6, Some people gave Christ up because they didn't believe in Him enough, so he may not answer your prayers if your running on empty, metaphorically, when you come to Christ only when you're in trouble and forget Him when you are doing fine, which leads you into a never-ending process where you'll never be eternally pleased with what God has for you, especially if you don't have Him with you every moment, even when he doesn't seem needed, but he is undoubtedly needed everywhere all the time.

That's right! Bible bash the heretics!

I would like to quote Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

"And Lo, said Frodo, that he and only he shall carry this burden. To the pits of Mordor, which are firey and dangerous, and shall take only those who are willing to part with him".

Brings a tear to my eye everytime.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad

I don't turn to god ever, period.

I don't NEED a god in my life, I can see why other people could, but I don't. Until it is proven to me without a shadow of a doubt I won't believe in it.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
I see that many people don't believe what I posted but I assure it's true, I would never put out a bad name for my faith or hurt what I'm representing. It's not just a bedtime story. He is real

Provide a medical examination of the eyes before and after said 'faith healing', instead of just your 'honest word'. Allow the forms to be examined by experts and the possibility of placebo affects eliminated. Then you may have proved a modern-day miracle and I'll sign up. Until then, I call bull****.

EDIT: Seriously, what are you waiting for? You have the oppurtunity to save my 'soul' and possibly millions of others, if the imformation is properly circulated. If the Bible is to be believed I'll be burning in hell when I die, for all eternity, you wouldn''t want that would you. So what are you waiting for?
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Last edited by Encyclopedia at Jul 13, 2008,
I'm a skeptic unless you can prove that your friend was really healed. You need to provide evidence. It seems like all of the blind people in the world could be cured instantly according to your post.
John 1:1 (New American Bible) "In the beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."
What so cool about this verse is the use of 'God' instead of 'a God' like it says in some other versions of the Bible.
"and God created .... he saw that it was good..."

He saw that it was good? so God is a retard for not being able to think ahead of planning?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by TS' Profile
Favorite books :
Books suck in case you didn't know

How 'bout your beloved Bible?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
Please don't cum blood on me telling me to bring this into the NHL thread, but I just came back from a powerful orgy last night at my local wal mart, where my friend, whom was gay, asked the pastor to heal her and then she closed her garage door and touched the pastor on the penis after his command. Now, she sees bigfoot in both of her basements and that made all of my childhood friends of God go away.

Mad Libs FTW!
Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Numbers 31:17-18

Moses said that by the way. LOL VIRGIN RAPE
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Page 1 of 3