As the title says, how does the LG compare to the TT? I played a Tiny Terror a few days ago and loved it. It got brutal enough for me without a boost. I play pop punk, pop rock, modern rock, some nu-metal stuff I guess. I was just wondering if the LG is maybe a cheaper alternative? Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The Tiny Terror is a £300 amp, the Little Giant is a £120 amp, I assume that you get what you pay for.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Thats not what I've heard. And I don't understand your response, I mean do they sound alike? Was the BH LG made to mimic the TT or no, are they in any way similar? I don't really wanna pay for the TT but I want a small amp.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

the blackheart is just an upgraded epi valve jr. it's not gonna get brutal on it's own. w/ an OD maxed and amp volume maxed you can get thrashy. but you're not gonna get death metal out of this amp, even w/ a dist. pedal it won't sound as good as just getting an amp that is made for american voiced metal like a randall.

the blackheart is of great quality for the price. i can't vouch for the TT cuz i've never played one.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I doubt the Blackheart was made to mimic a TT, they'd have made a 15 watt head if they wanted to do that.

From what I've heard from clips the Blackheart has a lot more in common with a Valve Jr soundwise than it does with the TT.

If you want a Tiny Terror, buy a Tiny Terror.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yeah but we're talking a $300 difference, just trying to figure stuff out.

Quote by slash_rocks2005
the blackheart is just an upgraded epi valve jr. it's not gonna get brutal on it's own. w/ an OD maxed and amp volume maxed you can get thrashy. but you're not gonna get death metal out of this amp, even w/ a dist. pedal it won't sound as good as just getting an amp that is made for american voiced metal like a randall.

the blackheart is of great quality for the price. i can't vouch for the TT cuz i've never played one.

Well, I don't play any death metal or american metal so err.. The heaviest song I know how to play is when my band covered My Curse by KSE.. I like playing just modern rock stuff. All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Blink 182, Sum 41.

The Handsome Devil is closer to the TT than the LG is.
Even then, they probably sound alot different.
As said before, the LG is more like an EVJ than the TT.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, i think you were thinking of the handsome devil.
but i dont really know if there are that similar, but give it a try.
the youtube clips ive heard sound pretty sweet, but that doesnt really mean anything
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Na I was thinking of a LG.. Around $100 on eBay and a perfect 5 watts for my bedroom..

well i think the blackheart would work great for you if you want nothing heavier than GnR or something similar, and im sure a nice OD would help.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I like classic rock, but primarily I play modern pop rock/pop punk..

yea the blackheart would prolly cover those tones anyway. the punk should sound especially good through it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea the blackheart would prolly cover those tones anyway. the punk should sound especially good through it.

Hey I see you have the BH do you have msn?

yea i got it. my msn is eastcoastsharpie@passport.com
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
The BH is often described as a Mini Marshall Plexi, while the TT really is has the Orange sound.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
yea the BH can get a plexi sound but it isn't a mini plexi. it's still different. the el84s give it that kinda fizz when it overdrives but i guess that might be common in vox's? ionno, all i know is i can emulate the bands that use the marshall tube amps pretty good.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Replace the cheap tubes with some JJ tubes and stick in a G12H or V30 speaker and you'll have great (and i've heard versatile) amp through in a good od (ts9) or boost (mxr boost) and you'll get all your tones and then some all for the price that you would pay for tiny terror plus you'll get a cab but for me im saving up for that tiny terror because I like that orange sound
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
when i upgraded my power tube to a JJ and preamp to a tung-sol i heard a huge tonal improvement. the stock sound is good but after hearing what it CAN sound like, i wouldn't have it any other way. and with an OD you can cover a wide range of tones. i haven't thought of changing the speaker yet, as the eminence is already a great sounding one. but later down the road i might get a vintage 30 to make it as nice as possible.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Yeah, i'm surprised at the quality of the stock speaker in the LG stack.

I'm gonna donate one of my EL84's and 12AX7's to my friend's LG, just for kicks, and to have a chance to play it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yea i 'donated' my JJ el84 to my friend who just got a blackheart combo. he takes my advice w/ guitar stuff (smart kid eh lol) and opened him up to the world of tube amps. he's loving his little giant.

i was like, "here you can have my spare, don't worry bout paying me....just buy me a pack of strings or two in the future when i need em"

he's my roomate for college...so he's not gonna get away w/ not gettin' me some strings!!! lol. irrelevant info but kinda on topic.

unless i ever feel like there's somethin about my tone from my LG that i don't like, i prolly wont upgrade the speaker.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
when i upgraded my power tube to a JJ and preamp to a tung-sol i heard a huge tonal improvement. the stock sound is good but after hearing what it CAN sound like, i wouldn't have it any other way. and with an OD you can cover a wide range of tones. i haven't thought of changing the speaker yet, as the eminence is already a great sounding one. but later down the road i might get a vintage 30 to make it as nice as possible.

FYI, skip Celestion. Go with Warehouse, they sound a lot better, are a fraction of the price, and are made in the USA too.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
i'll keep that in mind if i need a speaker change in the future. but i didn't intend on hijacking the thread lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
More apt question might be how does the 15 watt BH (whats it called.. handsome devil or some crap?) compare to the TT, surely?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
we'll find out but the handsome devil doesn't come out till until september
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."