Hey,wats up, i've been looking for a strat , but i dont know which one. The reason why is because i dont know which would be better for distortion.....well i play every thing like metal to blues,so one that would still have good distortion.

i mean without having to change pickups. A stock strat.
My budget is probaly 500-600 and lower, and i have a Crate Tube Driver.
Quote by slash224
My budget is probaly 500-600 and lower, and i have a Crate Tube Driver.

I'd say, if you can haggle, a highway 1 fat strat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by bBreaker

Thumbs up for that one though the black is ugly. Seems like people either love or hate the Texas Specials so you might want to look into those more before pulling the trigger. A HSS Highway One might also do the trick. Their pups are higher output than most other normal Strats. And I know you want a Strat but it might not kill you to try out a few Teles and see how you like how those sound with distortion. Maybe a fat one might fit the bill.
Probably a HSS Highway 1. At the very least find one with the HSS or Fat Strat configuration.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
dont buy a strat for metal.... youd be much better off buying an LP if you want versatility.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
dont buy a strat for metal.... youd be much better off buying an LP if you want versatility.

Yeah, I've heard the LP's clean tones just shimmer... oh wait. :stare:

Strat's are the most versatile guitar ever made, and if you can grab that Lonestar Strat, or even an MIM Standard, you'd be just fine.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by mrbungle50221

what the hell? how is a les paul more versatile than a fender strat with a bridge humbucker and 2 single coils? come back when you've got off the "fenders don't work for metal" n00bwagon.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
any guitar will work for any style. you just have to know what you're doing. a les paul can be just as versatile as a strat w/ coil splitting and phasing.

i'd say that lonestar strat looks pretty good for the bill. i'm getting a Deluxe Roadhouse soon. only difference is that mine will have SSS (all texas specials) and yours would have a pearly gates in the bridge. so yea...that strat is prolly just what you want!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out