Poll: Firebird studio or Firebird V
Poll Options
View poll results: Firebird studio or Firebird V
Firebird Studio
17 71%
Firebird V
7 29%
Voters: 24.
hey so I'm wondering if i should get the firebird studio ( $1100 somin) or the firebird V ($1800 somin) . the only major difference is the pups, on the studio its two full size humbuckers and on the Firebird V its two Mini buckers which i have no experience playing so are they any good. I mostly play Hard rock to thrashy kinda stuff and i also occasionally play some in flames death metal but vary rarely and the songs i write are generally thrashy stuff. i also have a SG faded and currently i have a line 6 spider but when i buy which ever bird it'll be a bugera combo. so yeah thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
For hard rock and thrashy stuff I'd take the Studio. The pickups are more suited for that. The V has a more jangly sort of tone.

Also, the studio has a set-neck, and the V is a neck through, although recent studies have shown that that makes no audible difference, so...
save your money and get a real amp... a great amp through a crap amp will sound like... crap.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
save your money and get a real amp... a great amp through a crap amp will sound like... crap.

he said he was getting a bugera...
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

**** off with the whole "Forget a guitar, get a new amp" bull**** already! I get sick of hearing that. The man wants a new guitar so if you don't have any input on what guitar he should purchase then you have no business posting here. Had we wanted your advice he would have posted a thread about getting a new amp!

TS: I would go with the studio! It seems to suit you more than the V would.
I tried an 80's firebird V, and it had the fattest neck I'd ever played. Especially past the 12th fret, it was literally a baseball bat. I dunno what they're like today, though. Just sayin'
haha baseball bat. i like the look of the firebird V. but the firebird studio is also good. for a 700 difference i would go with the studio and use the money and get a better amp then the bugera.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

I think you mean 'great guitar' not 'great amp.' And he said he was getting a better amp.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
so with this im really leaning towards the studio. im assuming that the studio has similar pups compared to my SG and i play lots on thrash on it so im wondering anyone has ever heard a firebird play thrash
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS