http://freemymp3.com/

This dude claims it's legal, but I don't know if he knows what he's talking about...

Anyone proficient in this area know if it's legal? I'm thinking about trying it, but only if I can be convinced 100% that it's legal.
even if its not youre not gonna get in any trouble, but i would advise downloading some sort of file sharing software instead
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by badders00
even if its not youre not gonna get in any trouble, but i would advise downloading some sort of file sharing software instead

or you could you know just buy CDs?
Quote by DimebagRob

yes because everyone has a convenient shop nearby which caters to their tastes.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by DimebagRob

Yeah, but if there's a legal way to get music without buying CD's, I'd much rather do that.
Quote by rizo299
1) download music
2) buy CD-RW
3) burn music to CD RW
4) Rip CD RW to computer with no protection
5)Wipe CD RW
6) Repeat
7) ????
9) PROFIT

Inorder to do step 1 you have to pay for a membership....I think....

Wait a minute, you might have something!

But I'm concerned about step 1...
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Everything that is free is illeagal, including sex.

that's true, depending where you're at, the age of consent might make it illegal.

and I think its too much trouble for free MP3's, I'd rather torrent it.
if it looks to good to be true then it usually is. i think not 100% on this but unless you pay for it doesnt that make it illegal i just cant see how that can be legal someone may beable to tell me or point it out.
Quote by dimebagisgr8
if it looks to good to be true then it usually is. i think not 100% on this but unless you pay for it doesnt that make it illegal i just cant see how that can be legal someone may beable to tell me or point it out.

I couldn't have said it better msyelf
Quote by rizo299
1) download music
2) buy CD-RW
3) burn music to CD RW
4) Rip CD RW to computer with no protection
5)Wipe CD RW
6) Repeat
7) ????
9) PROFIT

But you never get to 7 or 9 because you keep repeating at 6
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yes because everyone has a convenient shop nearby which caters to their tastes.

www.amazon.com

It's cheaper than in store, and judging by the fact that you're on here, I'd say it's pretty easily accessible for you.
Quote by michal23
www.amazon.com

It's cheaper than in store, and judging by the fact that you're on here, I'd say it's pretty easily accessible for you.

yes let me just get my credit ca...

damn

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by dimebagisgr8
if it looks to good to be true then it usually is.

Thank you for watching the Real Hustle. Up next, Eastenders.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Lemoninfluence
yes let me just get my credit ca...

damn

I'm just saying that there doesn't need to be a CD store near you to buy CDs. And if you were the artist, I think you'd be pissed off if you knew people were illegally downloading your music without paying you.
Quote by michal23
I'm just saying that there doesn't need to be a CD store near you to buy CDs. And if you were the artist, I think you'd be pissed off if you knew people were illegally downloading your music without paying you.

not if you disagreed with making art a product.

Quote by element4433
Okay, I myself use napster. I have to pay a monthly fee of around £10 to download a virtually limitless amount of music. So i'm still paying, it's all legal, but these napster tracks, all I can do is listen to them. I can't burn them, put them on an mp3 player, send them to people, anything like that, which I don't think is fair.

I might try it out, hope it works.

Oh and yes, it's probably illegal. But so it downloading music from limewire and torrents and stuff. At least this way SOME money is getting to the artist!
Well, If Lars Ulrich Doesn't Spaz Bout It Then...
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']I think they put the DRM security thing on for a reason...
so by them telling you to remove that wouldn't it then make it illegal to do it so that would make what that site is doing illegal??
Quote by dudester410
Well, If Lars Ulrich Doesn't Spaz Bout It Then...

Whether you agree with Lars or not, you have to respect that it's HIS music and he has a right to not want people to steal it.
Quote by dimebagisgr8
so by them telling you to remove that wouldn't it then make it illegal to do it so that would make what that site is doing illegal??

Uh...
*reads twice*
yeah.
Stuff by smaller bands can be impossible to get with torrents and you can suffer from low seeders.

Napster/rhapsody servers are going to be a lot faster than p2p and will have everything available instantly.
Okay, gather 'round everyone and allow me to share a little secret with you all. Assuming you have Guitar Pro software, free music is only a few short steps away.
Step 1: Go into GP and create a new file of around 250 empty measures.
Step 2: Save the file as something clever-mine is called Pirates Ahoy! and you're about to find out why.
Step 3: Use a website like Project Playlist or YouTube to find the song you would like to have on your computer.
Step 4: In GP use the record to .wav function with your empty file while playing the song on the website of choice.
Step 5: Name your exported .wav file and put it into your music folder.
Step 6: Profit!
This essentially allows you to record and sounds playing on your computer that you want to, including songs. Since this is so similar to recording things from the radio, I will just assume that it's not entirely illegal. Even if it is, there's virtually no way you would be caught anyway. I use this for hard to find songs like Let You Go, Let Me Go by Black Heaven, but I still buy the albums of artists I like because music is their job and they have to make money. Long story short, you can have all the free music you want, but don't forget to throw a little support to the artists as well.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Looks like that page could really screw you over.
Torrents are the way to go my friend.
Or buy a CD, show the love.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
sorry, but this thread is going to result in too many torrent sites and such. TS, if you would like, i would PM either Dirk Gently or cagnius. both of them know a thing or two about law. my opinion is that it would probably be illegal, because DRM is there for a reason.
Sent from my iPad.