I have a Schecter Gryphon and a marshall mg50dfx amp and i want a new sound. Im thinking its gonna be pickups because i like this amp and for the price its pretty versitile << spelling. I want to change my pickups but to be quite honest i dont know which ones i can and cant put in the guitar without having to modify the body. It has dual humbuckers a 3 position selector and volume and tone nob with a dual single coil selector. I was thinking of going EMG 81/85 and play some heavy stuff but any other opinions would be great.

P.S. dont say buy a new guitar because I only have like 200 to spend.
No new pickups buy a new amp...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
i have the new schecter hellraiser c1 fr with the new emg 81/89 humbuckers with the tap coil and they are beasts!!!i recomend these or the 81/85s they are nice too
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
you don't want to buy new pups, you do want to get a new amp.
Sorry, but it's not worth spending money on pups that your going to run through that amp.
Whilst you may like the tone your MG gives you, only a valve (tube) amp will really pick up the subtleties in the tone that a change of pickups will bring. Spending £200 on EMG's, only to find that your tone hardly improves would not be fun. Save your money, and invest in a used valve combo. The amp is more important tone-wise, anyway.

At the end of the day:
Pickups - 30% of sound
Amp - 70% of sound
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
so you think its the amp not giving the distortion i want? I just assumed that the pickups in the guitar were crap because they are "duncan designed" not duncans
Makes sense!! guess i thought the guitar wasn't feeding the amp good enough sound, turns out its the other way around.

Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Whilst you may like the tone your MG gives you, only a valve (tube) amp will really pick up the subtleties in the tone that a change of pickups will bring. Spending £200 on EMG's, only to find that your tone hardly improves woukld not be fun. Save your money, and invest in a used valve combo.

At the end of the day:
Pickups - 30% of sound
Amp - 70% of sound
Well it's the overall tone that your not getting. And duncan designed are not the worst pups in the world.
Quote by jskeezy84
so you think its the amp not giving the distortion i want? I just assumed that the pickups in the guitar were crap because they are "duncan designed" not duncans

Yep, it's the amp. My stock Ibanez pickups (notoriously crap and muddy) sounded glorious when I played them through my Laney valve amp. Save up for a nice combo, and you wont regret it.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
you all have any suggestions on amps then? I want SICK harmonix and alot of drive.
what types of music do you play, and i suppose you have $200 right now. And can you save your money?
Well I like a pretty broad amount of music but i want to play alot of metal, S.O.A.D, Sabbath, things of that nature. Money is tight for a couple months cause me and my g/f are moving but we will be saving alot with rent being cheaper so yeah ill be able to save. Im thinking an amp around 600 wouldnt be bad for my second purchase of an amp. Plus i could sell the one i have now.
or u might wanna look at bugera amps im gonna get the 333xl they are great for metal and have a three channel switch clean crunch and lead vary versatile when i play 1
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
im just wondering what i can get for this amp i have now!! Kinda wishing i would have waited to buy a tube driven amp.
ouch.... well i have a feeling that guitar center over charged me anyways from looking at some of these prices ive seen.