Guys i signed up for a talent show at my summer session today.

there will not be any winners.

so what do you think i should do? audience are aged 12- 18 most of them like pop and the stuff in the top ten list on itunes.

What should i do?

Should I play some blink? or something like trivium?

tell me what you think
Nothing that sucks. Just don't play at that talent show. If you're not going to win then what's the point?
play guitar while singing and playing a kick drum and high-hat.
I see no sign of fortress.
no, its not that I will not win, its that there are no such thing as winning, but you get extra credit if you join.
I'd say play a cover of something a bit more unique really. If the audience is rather poppy, just look at the songs that are doing well now and make your own version. My old band did it with Keep on Moving by Five, went down a storm (to an audience of punks/skinheads etc).
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by synpet713192
Play I Cum Blood. Guitar and Vocals, nothing else.

They will worship you.

Unplugged

Or play something by blink-182

LEDHEADIT: or Times Like These by The Foo Fighters unplugged of course
I suggest playing something acoustic, unless you have a good band to play with.

Play something they can sing along with. One of my fav acoustic songs is Everlong by Foo Fighters.
Play Addicted to Vaginal Skin, it's all the fun of I Cum Blood, but without the guilt!

Seriously though, play something that everyone knows and that will go over well. Don't start busting out Trivium riffs as you'd get mostly confused looks from everybody in the audience. Times Like These by the Foo or Snow by the Chili's would be great choices IMO.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by KetchupLad14
Yeah. Isn't winning all that matters?
Yes, who doesn't know that?
Cover the Sensational Alex Harvey Band's song, Gangbang.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Play some RHCP maybe. I find a lot of the population likes them, and they still write cool songs.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I'd say play a cover of something a bit more unique really. If the audience is rather poppy, just look at the songs that are doing well now and make your own version. My old band did it with Keep on Moving by Five, went down a storm (to an audience of punks/skinheads etc).

Keep On Moving is the single best song ever written. No jokes.
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
I played in the talent show in my freshman year and my band played Seek and Destroy by Metallica. It went over pretty well. Everyone thought I was a guitar god because I played the solo.

Edit: But if it's just you, just play something acoustic and sing, or play an instrumental.
Last edited by IronMaiden5 at Jul 13, 2008,
no one in the summer session know who paul gilbert is.
they dislike metal and the only thing they know of rock is that it involves guitar, some doesn't even know what a bass guitar is,
they also think that avril lavigne and kelly clarkson is rock.
Quote by synpet713192
Play I Cum Blood. Guitar and Vocals, nothing else.

They will worship you.

This.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.