ok...I wanna lower my acoustic guitar strings' action, becuase it is wayyyyy toooo highhhhh!!!! (they are too far away from the fretboard) However...i jsut put on new strings..and i hadnt thought of filing down my nut/bridge...so now i regret it, but i dont wanna take off those new strings...is there any way I could lower my action, without damaging my guitar or taking off my new strings or damaging my new strings? btw my guitar is made in China, with a Chinese brand (StarSun)...

PS. I heard Chinese guitars are sturdy.. is that true?

PPS. does this work? http://www.ezfolk.com/forums/forum16/4680.html
and is it safe?
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
just loosen your strings until u can lift them off your nut but there still on guitar then file down your nut by the way i dont know anything about acoustics made in china :P oh well i hope that helps
mmhh.....thanks, but...I dont think thats good for the strings Z0S07657.....Cuz when you loosen it and then tighten it ...they will break easier or even break on the spot...
and whospinkfloyd, I really have no idea if my neck is bowed, i tried to see, but its waaayy too hard....the difference is too small...anyways, don't you have to take off your strings to adjust the rod? cuz my screw is in the soundhole, so ill have to get in there in order to mess with the truss rod..

anything else? how bout that link? with the capo? is that safe? should i try it?
and also, is there any way to lower the action at the BRIDGE (without taking off/damaging my strings) , cuz thats probably where most of the problem is
thanks!
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!