When do you know its time to upgrade? my gear is in my sig, and its an ok rig, well not really its a little $220 rig, lately I've become increasingly unhappy with the tones coming out of my amp. I play metal and I'm playing on a fender amp and a fender copy guitar, which I'm told is not the way to go.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

When you say Fender copy I'm going to assume you mean a Strat copy. Strat's, and single coils in general, don't respond that well to most metal. Ibanez RG is the most famous choice for metal, but there are also other good guitars ofcourse such as Jackson, ESP and Schecter.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Its a strat, but I think they call it an HSS, cuz its got a humbucker on the bridge...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

What Wigert said is mostly true. A Strat (or Strat copy) with stock single coils just doesn't run hot enough for metal. There are a lot of famous metal players that use strats but they either go with a humbucker in the bridge position or some kind of stacked humbucker that will fit in a single coil spot. If your looking to upgrade your guitar all the brands that Wigert pointed out are very good, with most people leaning towards Ibanez.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Get a new amp, a HSS guitar can handle metal.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Get an Ibanez toneblaster 30 watt amp, i own one and for $150 there great for metal!
Also get a guitar with humbuckers.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp