ive seeen a gibson robot before and i know its selftuning and u can lock it and all but what else is there about it...other trhen that is it basicly just a les paul?
Thanks for reading this... Ladies
nothing, its a les paul studio that tunes itself,
itll tune to weird tunings, thats it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I've played one of these before. Action is basically like LP Studio, and the sound is like any other LP: nice and hot. But other than that, I'd say the only reason to buy this guitar is if you play a crap load of gigs and don't have time/ don't want to bother with switching guitars between songs. And if you don't do songs in different tunings, there's really no point in buying this guitar. Hell, you can buy a LP Studio and a pretty kick ass secong guitar for the price of the Robot. I recommend the LP Studio (Alpine White- gorgeous) and either an American strat or the ESP LTD KH 602 (Kirk Hammet's signature) depending on the style of music you play. Hope this helps you man!
Quote by jomig20
ive seeen a gibson robot before and i know its selftuning and u can lock it and all but what else is there about it...other trhen that is it basicly just a les paul?

its just self tunes and helps you intonate.. thats it, just a les paul
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Personally I don't think its worth the money. I'd rather save the 1000+ dollars and get a normal one because I'm not one for changing tunings anyway, only to maybe Drop-D and that's once in a while, I'm a standard man.

Check this one out, Les Paul Studio Premium Plus and it's $1000 less.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Premium-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=517372

Here's the Robot..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-ROBOT-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=482686

You make the call if it's worth the extra.
Nothing! Ill tune the guitar myself and get it set up for free at my local music store and save all that cash.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp