Why do alot of people dislike this kind of amp?

For me what could you recommend for my next amp, playing alot of metallica.
And size for a small band/garage. No big gig yet, but would it be worth getting one now for the future?
it's disliked because there are better amps for the price and that sound better. What's your budget for an amp?
$500 Nz, i dont knowif i need one anyway. But i just dont know what to buy next.
Maybe EMGz?
Fender Frontman 212R, $329, great amp.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by KTHXBAI
$500 Nz, i dont knowif i need one anyway. But i just dont know what to buy next.
Maybe EMGz?

New Zealand ey? Hhmm...don't know what is available down there. Do you have some shops you can go look and see what they have and report back here or do you plan to buy over the inturdnet?

And are you now asking about EMG pickups? I don't know what amp you have now but I'm thinking you should focus on the amp first. I don't know the conversion rates and I'm too lazy to look it up but a Peavey Valveking 112 is $400 here in the U.S. and it can do Metallica.

I do not think the Fender Frontman series is a 'great' amp at all. There are better amps out there for that money. Vox Valvetronix, Blackhearts, B-52s - can you find any of these at your local shops?
I don't know if anybody would agree with me, but I feel like the Frontman is like Fender's version of an MG. I don't think you will be able to afford the Valveking.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
^I would agree only not as bad sounding. I can sometimes coax some nice cleans out of mine and I could see how it might help someone with a certain metal need but I generally only play mine clean or with mutil pedal.

Oh, and I meant used amps for TS.
Our music shops are pretty big, The RockSHop has seperate shops for bass, guitar, piano and drums, takes up about a block.

But i went to the shop today.
Decided to get a Bridge EMG, and wait till i get a **** job to get a Line 6 Spider Big tube amp with all the effects for 1650$ NZ

Rigth Now ive got a Fender Frontman 25W which is big enough for the band, but sound quality is not very good.
so you waste $100 on a pup that you won't get a good tone with?

And don't waste your money on the line 6 spider valve, biggest gimmick I have ever found.
Quote by KTHXBAI
Our music shops are pretty big, The RockSHop has seperate shops for bass, guitar, piano and drums, takes up about a block.

But i went to the shop today.
Decided to get a Bridge EMG, and wait till i get a **** job to get a Line 6 Spider Big tube amp with all the effects for 1650$ NZ

Rigth Now ive got a Fender Frontman 25W which is big enough for the band, but sound quality is not very good.

Don't waste your money, an EMG isn't going to help your sound much given the rest of your equipment.

Not to mention the ballache you'll have trying to wire it with the existing passive. Unless its an EMGHZ, in which case it's even more of a waste of money, albeit easier to wire in.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by lespaul#1
Fender Frontman 212R, $329, great amp.

Your sig applies here.
i've got a frontman 65 watt, I think it sounds great...I'm not sure what the knock against it is myself...I played a lot of others in the pricerange and didnt like them as much, then again I dont play metal and a lot people here do
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
i've got a frontman 65 watt, I think it sounds great...I'm not sure what the knock against it is myself...I played a lot of others in the pricerange and didnt like them as much, then again I dont play metal and a lot people here do

It's mostly knocked for its poor distortion. Cleans are tolerable.