What makes a person a so called a Functional Alcoholic?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
at our uni heath checkup thing the nurse said you're an alcoholic if you drink everyday......we celebrated this by going to the pub afterwards

edit: and type "functional alcoholic" into google for your answer you lazy sod
If memory serves, it's someone who requires alcohol to function normally, or at least can function normally through their alcoholism.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Jul 13, 2008,
A functional alcoholic is someone who manages to somehow balance and keep track of their life despite their addiction.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
It has to do with apparent sobriety and BAC. Many of us would be pissed if we had a BAC of 2.0, but functional alcoholics may have this BAC and appear to be perfectly sober. It takes them way more alcohol to get drunk.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by break-me-in
If memory serves, it's someone who requires alcohol to function normally.

Ive been thinking that a so called functional alcoholic,is a person that drinks whithout anyone knowing about it.

take this dramatic exampel.

Single Mother that drinks a bottle wine every other day ore so.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.