hi, i got some pedal questions that i need help with. I want to buy a distortion pedal but i have no idea which one, i want it to sound grungy and like the distortion on the vines.
i also am looking for effects aswell, like chorus, delay, flange, and phaser. but then again by which company i haven't a clue.

ps, i tried the "grunge" pedal by digitech, it is ****!
What kind of amp do you have? If you have a turd amp then even a great distortion pedal probably isn't going to help you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
oh its a piece of crap, fender frontman 25 watt, but i dont have a band or anything so its fine in theory
Well, if by grungy you mean like nirvana or something then a ds-1 would be right up your alley and fairly cheap. You could snag a keeley modded one and have a high quality unit for around 100 bucks probably.
I don't think they sound different at all, the ds-2 has more gain, but that's just unnecessary. A keeley modded ds-1 is one that has the all seeing eye mod and or the ultra mod done to it. Robert keeley invented these mods. It's basically just a few components swapped to make a mediocre pedal worth something.
You can buy them straight from keeley, but I think that a huge ripoff since its a 40 dollar pedal with 5 or 10 bucks worth of parts thrown in it and they charge like 120 bucks. If you know how to mod then you might just do it yourself.
is there any further information you could give me on how to mod it myself? like what do i need, where can i get it and how? because i would know there first thing about this