Im a beginner and all i have been learning are simple songs with nothing but power chords. I recently learned Riff Raff and i had alot of fun with it. I want to learn some more single note songs but i dont know where to start. Can someone recommend me some easy single note songs? Thanks.
Fuel - Sunburn.

first song i learned straying away from power chords. lots of normal chords in the chorus though :P
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
First off, Searchbar.

Instead of learning songs, try learning a scale or two. You'll learn far more.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
First off, Searchbar.

Instead of learning songs, try learning a scale or two. You'll learn far more.

do that.

and try fcpremix - the fall of troy. easier than it sounds
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
Quote by DerikIsEric
Red hot chili peppers

Tough stuff for a beginner.

But meh. Try it.

They're not that difficult for beginners, I'd say after you have the basic techniques down you should be able to play them (MAYBE minus the solos)

Jazz is a pretty nice genre to play, some really weird chord formations in there, but if you're looking for more rock oriented stuff, you could try out some Metallica songs.
Quote by evolve215
Im a beginner and all i have been learning are simple songs with nothing but power chords. I recently learned Riff Raff and i had alot of fun with it. I want to learn some more single note songs but i dont know where to start. Can someone recommend me some easy single note songs? Thanks.

You're going backwards mate - you need to be learning proper chords if you want to progress from power chords.

There are no "single note songs" really, what you're thinking of is songs that have lead guitar riffs but usually they're in addition to, not instead of the chords. Also, the riffs themselves will tend to use a lot of the same notes that the chords contain so it's doubly imprtant to know your chords. Keep in mind that it's all just "playing the guitar" , there's no real difference between playing lead or playing rhythm, playing chords, power chords, riffs or solos - musically it's all the same thing, just presented differently.

If you want a few songs with pretty well known riffs to try though...

Walk This Way - Aerosmith
Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N Roses
Wishing Well - Free
Smoke on the Water, Black Knight - Deep Purple
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by XianXiuHong
They're not that difficult for beginners, I'd say after you have the basic techniques down you should be able to play them (MAYBE minus the solos)

I've only been playing for about 2 years and I've learned about 60 RHCP songs completely
Quote by Somebody425
I've only been playing for about 2 years and I've learned about 60 RHCP songs completely

Videos or it didn't happen.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Iron Maiden - no question about it. Take a look at "The Trooper" , "Hallowed be Thy Name" and "Fear of the Dark".. basically any Iron Maiden song actually. They combine it all xP
Learn some scales and chords so you can come up with your own riffs.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Try some rock songs that use chords other than 5th chords (powerchords). Queen - One Vision is a very cool riff. Also, a lot of AC/DC songs use chords other than 5th chords.

Looks That Kill by Motley Crue uses 4th and 5th chords, which opens up a lot for your playing. I made up many of my own riffs just from learning that song because it really opens you up to all the many ways rock guitarists write riffs.

Just look around at a lot of classic rock, 80s rock, progressive, and modern rock songs to find a lot of riffs that use chords other than 5th chords. Try bands like Zandig, Motley Crue, AC/DC, etc.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401