Does it exist? Some sort of cord that plugs from your electric guitar to your computer so you can record/ tweak/ use effects from your computer???

It sounds like a good idea to me, so if they don't exist someone should really get on that. :P

I'm new, by the way. just throwing that one out there
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
It would require some sort of little box or adapter. As you cant go from analog guitar 1/4 inch jack straight to digital USB.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/IK-Multimedia-StealthPlug?sku=240549&src=3SOSWXXA
It's funny cause there was a little ad for this product in a pack of Dean Markley strings I just opened, and I read about it and I was like "That's a good idea". Then I started up my computer like a minute later, opened up Internet Exlorer, and your thread was the first one I saw. Weird huh?
Aha! Here's one i found off Google. Not sure how easy it would be to set up on the fly, but I'd buy it.

Thanks for the help, using the word 'adapter' made searching easier. All i got was guitar hero crap w/out it.

You guys think its worth it, or should I buy a mic or something?
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
just get a gearbox or tone port.. (same thing) you got all your effects tons of amp models. Plugs in your usb and has a guitar jack on it.
Quote by solidsnake15
69 bucks btw for that

They lowered it to $49, actually. ^_^ Sweet deal!

Also, you could get one made by Behringer for $29, but if you can afford the extra 20 bucks, go with Line 6.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
yeah even better 50 dollars and that adapter you were looking at was like 45 dollars. With the guitarport you get all those amp models and every effect you can think of. With a good set of computer speakers with a subwoofer... (about 35 dollars for a sony set at walmart) it will sound awesome. Better than any crappy practice amp. And damn good for recording. I do some of my recordings with it and everyone thinks its my 5150 on the recordings.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
id still get the guitarport... you get all those effects and amp models. tons of options for basically the same price. That is just a cord.
yeah - i'm not knocking the guitar port.

i was only addressing the connection from the guitar to the PC. Usually just a 1/4 input jack strait to a PC is not enough - especially with an older sound card so these cables 'may' help with built in processing that is done before the PC and costs about the same as the other option.

personally - i gave up on the Lightsnake a long time ago as I could never get it to work with Vista, but that doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else. just another option.
yeah i had to buy a new digital camera because my old one wouldn't work with windows vista. There was no updated drivers for it nowhere on the net. But my new one is cooler so it worked out.