After messing around in the local guitar stores for some time, one of the guitars that has really caught my attention recently is the standard telecaster. For the money, this guitar sure feels and sounds classic.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN135102

I just would like to know your opinions about this guitar, what your experiences have been with it, and what you think it's weaknesses and strengths are. Playing it for a few minutes in guitar center doesn't exactly supply a weath of information.

Thanks all.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
twangy sound, a good average weight, a very "solid" guitar, great for blues, country and classic rock...

Strengths;
Generall have a nice low action, nice necks (big but not too big), great sound

Weaknesses;
Look stupid when played by someone quite big, e.g. if zakk wylde played one, i'd laugh.
Quote by DerikIsEric
twangy sound, a good average weight, a very "solid" guitar, great for blues, country and classic rock...

Strengths;
Generall have a nice low action, nice necks (big but not too big), great sound

Weaknesses;
Look stupid when played by someone quite big, e.g. if zakk wylde played one, i'd laugh.

Your weaknesses made me laugh a little.

You think it's pretty reliable? Does the guitar tend to like thin strings?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I've heard that they're really versatile, so they can be used for about any type of music.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
A few years back, I bought myself a Fender Standard Strat and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played--better than a $2,000 Gibson SG I've played. Honestly, a Tele would be just as good as a Strat and, in some ways, probably even better.

Teles are, by far, one of the most versatile guitars. They can be used for any style of music--country, rock, blues, jazz, etc. If you want to hear some of the best guitar work on a Tele, check out Brad Paisley. Just make sure you know that Brad Paisley uses both Fender Teles and Crook Tele-style guitars.

Anyway, a Fender Standard Tele would be a great guitar to buy. Though, you might want to think about spending a bit more and maybe getting one of those Highway One Teles. They're the cheapest American-made Fender Teles you can get. They cost about twice the price of a Standard Tele. Of course, if you're on a budget, a Standard Tele will be fine and will last for years.
Quote by Tim Davis
A few years back, I bought myself a Fender Standard Strat and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played--better than a $2,000 Gibson SG I've played. Honestly, a Tele would be just as good as a Strat and, in some ways, probably even better.

Teles are, by far, one of the most versatile guitars. They can be used for any style of music--country, rock, blues, jazz, etc. If you want to hear some of the best guitar work on a Tele, check out Brad Paisley. Just make sure you know that Brad Paisley uses both Fender Teles and Crook Tele-style guitars.

Anyway, a Fender Standard Tele would be a great guitar to buy. Though, you might want to think about spending a bit more and maybe getting one of those Highway One Teles. They're the cheapest American-made Fender Teles you can get. They cost about twice the price of a Standard Tele. Of course, if you're on a budget, a Standard Tele will be fine and will last for years.

you sooo went overboard with the whole better than a 2 grand gibson sg.

untrue, most tele can not handle distortion well. they tend to sound weak and tiny. unless you decide to drop in some emg or duncan hotrod. don't get me wrong. i'm a tele fan myself. in fact i'm getting a suhr or MIJ richie kotzen tele.
I dunno, your sig says you already have a Strat so unless you have lots of money laying around, would buying a Tele be that much of a difference for like $450 or whatever the cost?
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?