Well, it might not be the most technical hard, but Estranged can be quite challenging due to the length of the song, and that it has no defined verse or chorus. It has a lot of parts and a lot of changes throughout making it a somewhat hard song to remember.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I agree with Estranged being hard because of the length, but I do find the main solo of Paradise City quite challenging...I do get the gist of it however.
Yeah, Paradise can be a hard one, especially the solo at the end, not because it is complex, you can pretty much just improvise in the key of G IIRC, but it's quite long and somewhat fast, making it a solo that can make you cramp up after a while.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I would have to say you could be mine because i cant get that feedback
Slash
Support our troops
Try Nightrain. The solo is a killer.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
Try Nightrain. The solo is a killer.

Dude, are you serious? The Nightrain solo is very, very easy.

Hardest GnR song... I can honestly play them all (solos and all), and I'll say the easy winner is Locomotive.
Quote by Scream And Fly

Hardest GnR song... I can honestly play them all (solos and all), and I'll say the easy winner is Locomotive.

Yes, I was serious. And congratulations, you're an incredible guitar player if the Nightrain solo is "very, very easy" for you. Go out and buy yourself a medal.

EDIT: Typo.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by FourSticks17
Yes, I was serious. And congratulations, you're an incredible guitar player if the Nightrain solo is "very, very easy" for you. Go out and buy yourself a medal.

EDIT: Typo.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can easily learn that solo. Anyone can. Just break it down into managable parts and you'll soon see that it's not as difficult as it sounds. If you need help with it, let me know and I'll be glad to offer any help I can.
Quote by Scream And Fly

Nightrain is pretty difficult, and the last solo in Paradise City is pretty hard if you play it note for note. It's very fast, and has some hard parts. It took me a while to learn both, but can play them both pretty good now. Nightrain is a great solo to learn for anyone looking to get out of the penatonic box, but still sound bluesy and classic rocky.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
i would say sweet child, only because it was an excersice slash made up to get better. so if it's an exercise, it's kind of hard, and to keep each of those notes well defined for the whole intro can get tough.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
yeah, one of them would be november rain. you really have to have the emotion in your playing, or else it just wont sound right.
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
Don't Damn Me is the coolest solo on that album. I love it.

yessah
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I can play almost every single Guns Songs and the ones I find most difficult are prbly Locomotive, Coma, and Paradise City
i dont know about difficulty, but hot damn, when ever i start to play the solo to Sweet Child o' Mine, its soo ****in emotional and there's soooo damn much feeling to it.

at least with me. lmao That first bend at the 17th fret on the high E, DAMN that send me into mean guitar face mode! add a touch of wide vibrato at the top of the bend, MMMMM!

ugh... i came a bit
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
i dont know about difficulty, but hot damn, when ever i start to play the solo to Sweet Child o' Mine, its soo ****in emotional and there's soooo damn much feeling to it.

at least with me. lmao That first bend at the 17th fret on the high E, DAMN that send me into mean guitar face mode! add a touch of wide vibrato at the top of the bend, MMMMM!

ugh... i came a bit

haha I know what you mean man gets me every time.. I dunno how many times I've played it but it happens every single time
Quote by SinnaSatan
Yeah, Paradise can be a hard one, especially the solo at the end, not because it is complex, you can pretty much just improvise in the key of G IIRC, but it's quite long and somewhat fast, making it a solo that can make you cramp up after a while.

yep. there are a couple parts where you should play it. the rapid hammer ons (that swelling sort of sound)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by steel337
yeah, one of them would be november rain. you really have to have the emotion in your playing, or else it just wont sound right.

+1,000,000 to play with that kind of emotions is extremely hard
Garden Of Eden, especially the live version which goes on for an extra minute and a half - no one single part of it is omgimpossible, but just trying to keep up with the pace for the whole thing is one of the most intense tests of stamina you'll come across.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'd say Locomotive. It took me like, a month to work that out exactly on guitar. Shame I've forgotten it.

Oh well, it's my favourite GN'R song.

EDIT: And don't you think that 'playing with feeling' is getting really cliché nowadays? Seriously, every solo has to be played with 'feeling' or is just isn't right these days.

Oh well. It's not my problem.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Sep 19, 2008,
Sweet child... I cant pull off the solo accurately enough
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Lil Macker

EDIT: And don't you think that 'playing with feeling' is getting really cliché nowadays? Seriously, every solo has to be played with 'feeling' or is just isn't right these days.

Oh well. It's not my problem.

no.

most solos nowadays are just really fast with no emotion or no solos at all.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by bjovi400
no.

most solos nowadays are just really fast with no emotion or no solos at all.

I know that, because I slag tons of people off for it!

Anyways, it's just when I saw people saying Bullet For My Valentine have the most emotion in their songs, and they 'tried to play it, but it just didn't sound right, they didn't have enought emotion', I knew it became cliché. Not that BFMV are bad, it's just if you wanted to play hald their songs, you would be an angry bugger.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Slash is a very gifted guitarist and playing his songs is not easy. Patience is one of the easiest you will come across. Welcome To The Jungle i have no trouble with. Sweet Child O Mine is not hard to play if you improvise the high speed parts, the rest is fairly slow and is easy to play. November Rain can be hard especially the 3rd solo. of all of Slash's Legendary Solos, I think Paradise City would have to be the hardest. I have seen alot of slash impersonators and GNR tributes, and they all Improvise the outro solo to Paradise city. I am suspicious that Slash himself does as well.
Gosh... zombie thread again.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Really Necro bumping a 5 yr old thread
2002 PRS CE22