Most of the time when I've heard it it sounds pretty good, but some stuff doesn't sound that great with it. Can't think of any examples though...
Quote by diablomastabarb
Nirvana!

Name one. And we're talking riffs, not solos here.
Hi, how are you?
Quote by Pretty_Much
No, not */thread"

really, yes. it can work in some songs, and in some songs its annoying as hell.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
its good when used in blues, but thats more like the licks are following the voice, so its not exactly the same thing, but i find it awesome.
Quote by Kensai
Rape... it's the only way a ginger will get laid.
What's wrong with it? as a singer that kinda doesn't click with me...but whatever, everyone has opinions.
It just shows a lack of creativity.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by shreddin_frets
Or an abundance of simplicity.

Why did you have to be so redundant?
Quote by rabidguitarist

+1
You like it
Quote by Acquiescence
it seems so lazy to me.... cough iron man cough cough

It's was more annoying when the solo's sound like voice - cough cough Smells Like Teen Spirit cough cough

Iron Man is a great song!
Quote by rabidguitarist

Or maybe it just fits the song? You have to remember that depending on what you have harmonically behind you, the vocal melody might be enough to compliment it and it might be even pure genius.
Quote by shreddin_frets
Or an abundance of simplicity.

Yup.

There's nothing wrong with music being simple. Nothing. Nothing at all. There never was, and there never will be.
Sometimes simple things can sound pretty badass. It's not a lack of creativity...How is it?

It's not like people are restricted to put every single complicated bit in their songs.

Also, I too don't see what the big deal is...I don't really even notice it.
Quote by CowboyUp
Yup.

There's nothing wrong with music being simple. Nothing. Nothing at all. There never was, and there never will be.

Yup, besides if you want to jam to the song on guitar it wont feel as awkward if you have a bunch of lead lines in there.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
It's was more annoying when the solo's sound like voice - cough cough Smells Like Teen Spirit cough cough

Iron Man is a great song!

?
the riffs you are playing should match the up's and downs that your voice pitch when you sing, otherwise it sounds ****ed up, but ofc rhythm-wise it can be incredibly stupid and numbing to listen to if somebody is singing with the exact rhythm of the guitars. That is unless it's crazy fans in Buenos Aires singing the Symphony of Destruction riff!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...