Might be a dumb question, but I don't know to much about electronics.

If an amp runs 100 watts@ 16 ohms, where what wattage does it run at 8 ohms? Or does it stay the same?

Any help would be great!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I would think the same, but I don't know for sure.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I think it's either the same or marginally more (lower resistance could mean a slight increase in output power)
ohai little sig.
i think its 2 times as much, but im some what confused by ur question, the head is 16, and you plugged it into 8?

and it didnt blow?
I didn't plug anything into anything I was looking at an amp and on the back it said 100 watts @ 16 ohms. And I just wondered if wattage changed at different ohms.

Just bein curious that's all.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Is it your Marshall? If so, it should be the same. Some SS amps give different wattage ratings for different ohm loads, but with tube amps, they generally have specific outputs to maintain the same power (and not blow the transformer).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yes its a marshall. And thank you Slatsmania for answering my question! I believe it was a SS that I saw that on and that's what made me think about it.