I have a Gibson Les Paul that I bought earlier in the year and lately when I turn up the volume on my amp I hear a buzzing sound. You can't hear the buzz when I start playing but if im not playing I either have to turn the amp off or turn the volume on the guitar to 0. Does anyone know why this could be and how i could fix it?
My junkie guitar buzzes like that when i have the tone set to only one pick up. I dont know what causes it but maybe you can get rid of it with your tone switch.
Quote by aedmiston
im pretty sure all guitars do that
its called amp buzz my friend

I played a masterpeice mockingbird and it didnt buzz.
may be a ground wire. When you though the bride on your guitar does the buzzing stop?

you might need to redo the bridge ground wire in your guitar. OR it cold be your amp, a bad lead or your jack plug.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Also you guitar could be shielded wrong. Depending on your pickups, copper shielding tape could help.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

What kind of buzzing does it sound like? Electrical, or string buzz?
If string buzz, you would hear it at low volumes (probably isn't this)
If electrical buzz, it could be a ton of things. It could be a bad cable (most likely), bad connections inside the guitar, or bad connections in the amp (least likely).
Also, how loud is the buzzing in comparison to the guitar?
ok thanks guys. and to u guys who giving me sarcastic remakrs and crap, i only asked because it only started buzzing about a week ago.
well if it onlt started a week ago it is probobly a loose grounding wire or a bad lead, simple to fix if you know how to solder.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Damn, i was going to say that.

Wait, i already did!