Page 1 of 2
does any one have any idea how the lead singer of coheed and cambria does the singing that he does???
its CRAZY.
i heard him talk in an interview and his normal is NORMAL, its actually really deep.
so how does he sing that high???
its not falsetto its like, someone squeezing his nuts or something.
(if you dont know coheed and cambria watch the video)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CkCYGghg1uY
Practice?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
by being terrible at life

Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
im actually the same way, my normal voice is right around the normal for guys, but my natural singing range is really high. it freaks some people out
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Incredible vocal range and years of practicing. If you watch him live, like especially Devil in Jersey City on Live at the Starland, his voice is deeper, so maybe he sings a bit softer too. I found that the less volume you put into your singing, the more control and range you have.
Quote by RedDeath9
Why the hell doesn't he sing in his regular voice? I hate his vocals.

+1
they don't sound natural, or comfortable
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by QuiatFat
Your profile picture makes you look like a woman.

dude i looked at your pictures and if i were you, i wouldnt be talking
i dont really like his singing. dont get me wrong, he has skillz, but he sounds like a little baby.
Quote by Vos
Eh he should stop doing singing like that. Maybe if he did I could actually bear listening to them.

+111111111111
His voice isn't deep at all. It's actually a little high. It's just like Geddy Lee. So with his already a little higher than normal voice, when he (and every other person on the planet for that matter) sings it gets higher.
Quote by rockon1824
He squeezes his balls really hard while singing.

xD that made me rofl, but I had to hold it in cause my mom is in the next room over, so if I'da laughed, she would've walked in here and we don't want that in the pit

+2
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
he was just born with that type of voice.

also agreed with the profile picture comment.
oh yeah. All you Coheed and Cambria hatas: BACK OFF! They are t3h ub3rness and his voice is what makes the band unique and rocksome! That and the instrumentals.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
On topic: you're born with that kind of voice. But you can train it early on to be high or low. After puberty you're screwed
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
i thought they made his voice higher for the studio recordings with computers or whatever.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
I'd rather listen to his singing than have to listen to screaming, growling and all that mumbo-jumbo any day
I see no sign of fortress.
Page 1 of 2