Page 1 of 3
So basically say what albums that really let you down because of one reason or another.

Waiting For The Sun by The Doors
because, songs by the Doors not written by Jim usually suck...but some songs on that album are good
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Last edited by ninja dude at Jul 13, 2008,
Opeth - Watershed.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
the majority of weezer's catalog, First Impressions of Earth by the strokes, we were dead before the ship even sank
In Through the Out Door by Led Zeppelin. I love In the Evening and Carouselambra, but I don't really care for any other songs.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Lullabies to Paralyze and whatever the new one is called by Queens of the Stone Age. They used to be good

Every album by Black Sabbath after the first five is crap.
Quote by ninja dude
So basically say what albums that really let you down because of one reason or another.

because, songs by the Doors not written by Jim usually suck...but some songs on that album are good

Robby wrote a fair amount for that album, and the songs he wrote were actually very good. But, hey, it's all opinion.

For me, I guess I don't like any of the post-Waters albums by Pink Floyd.

EDIT:

Quote by FloyDZeD
It's still better than The Soft Parade.
The Soft Parade = Very underrated.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Jul 13, 2008,
Quote by guylee
St. A...nevermind

the newest NIN. just a bunch of elctronica crap, IMO

Try again, if you'll read the thread title it says you have to choose a "great" artist.

My choice would be Liquid Trio Experiments only album, I expected more from them.
Quote by ninja dude

Quote by Arthur Curry
the majority of weezer's catalog, First Impressions of Earth by the strokes, we were dead before the ship even sank

we were dead before the ship even sank is probably MMs best album, IMO. but as for me AFI-Decemberunderground is just god awful, the epitome of a good band selling out
Quote by garf69
we were dead before the ship even sank is probably MMs best album, IMO. but as for me AFI-Decemberunderground is just god awful, the epitome of a good band selling out

Personally, I think the Moon and Antarctica is MM's best.

Kathaarsys: Verses In Vain.

When I heard the debut, I expected so much from this...not quite...as good...

Opeth: Blackwater Park.

It's not even close to worth any of the hype it gets.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by FloyDZeD
In Through the Out Door by Led Zeppelin. I love In the Evening and Carouselambra, but I don't really care for any other songs.

I actually enjoyed that album. I thought it was a decent album, defiantly wasn't a complete disappointment.

Alll offf myyy loooveee
I was a big green-day fan before American Idiot...I still am, but this album disappointed me.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Try again, if you'll read the thread title it says you have to choose a "great" artist.

My choice would be Liquid Trio Experiments only album, I expected more from them.

Thta was more of a jam session while Petrucci was gone. But I have not listened to it yet I just did talk to my dad about it haha.
Nostradamus - Judas Priest. Way too sludgy. The title track was kick ass though.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Quote by R0CKER1220
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Just too many mediocre songs on two discs =\ .

WORD!

and all the other albums after Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
Thta was more of a jam session while Petrucci was gone. But I have not listened to it yet I just did talk to my dad about it haha.

Yeah I know that, but since they're all very proficient with their instruments I guess I just had higher expectations for the album. Honestly I haven't listened to it in a while so this could be a little biased, I should probably get around to giving it another go though.
Quote by FloyDZeD

I disagree. I think that was one of The Doors better albums. I'd have to say A Touch of Grey by the Grateful Dead. Closest they came to selling out
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
I love The Number Twelve Looks Like You, but I really just can't get into Mongrel.

And Systematic Chaos is and was NOT worth the hype it got.
Scarsick and BE- both by Pain of Salvation
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by FloyDZeD

IMO thats their best album there isnt one song on it i don't like, probably because John Paul Jones wrote most of the album
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
caress of steel by rush. fly by night rocked but Caress of steel just wasn't up to par
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Dilweed
I disagree. I think that was one of The Doors better albums. I'd have to say A Touch of Grey by the Grateful Dead. Closest they came to selling out

I agree 100% on Both Statements you made.
St. Anger, but the new album is supposed to be One/Fade to Black type stuff, so maybe it will be better.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by bulldog03
a matter of life and death-iron maiden was kinda lame

+1 but Dance of Death was very good
Alexisonfire - Crisis

I still love the self titled, and I loved Watch Out a few months after I got it, but Crisis isn't sticking with me at all.

Edit:

Also, Decemberunderground by AFI. I was so pumped for that album, I thought it was going to destroy everything I thought I knew about music, cause Sing the Sorrow was so good. But, it was just boring.

Edit2:

Damn, that guy below me made me remember that Say Anything's latest album wasn't up to par aswell. Everything else they've done is incredible. (Even baseball.)
Last edited by brake_p at Jul 13, 2008,
Well, i know a lot of people who hate on Say Anything, but I thought the first album was songwriting nirvana and then Defense of the Genre made me want to.... toast my favorite socks, or something.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Mr. Awesome.
The latest From First to Last and Chiodos albums weren't all that great :/

Bone Palace Ballet was awful the first few listen throughs, but it grows on you.
I really like it minus A Letter To Janelle and Intensity In Ten Cities.
Definitely not as good as AWTEW though.

Quote by brake_p
Damn, that guy below me made me remember that Say Anything's latest album wasn't up to par aswell. Everything else they've done is incredible. (Even baseball.)

I LOVE In Defense of the Genre. I would say the 2nd disc isn't nearly as strong as the 1st, but collectively it's fantastic.
Last edited by Alexishxc1337 at Jul 13, 2008,
Page 1 of 3