As I'm in the market for a new amp, today was a "stop by GC" day, since I was in the area. My first stop was the "Used Amp" section, in hopes some sap sold his amp at GC. It was a depressing sight as it was the same collection as last time, which also may indicate that I've been making too many trips to GC.

I became really excited though that there was a Roland Micro Cube in the back because everyone talks about them on the forum. So excited that I blindly plugged in and started playing immediately.

At first I put the EQ at something reasonable, but then after I couldn't get any kind of nice tone out of the damn thing, I thought, "This thing sounds like ****. What's the big deal about these?" Well, the problem was, it was the bass amp...I felt slightly better about my hasty mistake when someone else played a guitar through a Fender bass amp, but I don't think he realized what he was doing even when he was done.

I actually bumped into a Micro Cube -- for a guitar -- later, but the power supply was missing, so I was not able to try it. I instead decided to play around with the 6505+ (if they only made a 50-watt combo, I would probably have one).

I really began to warm up to the 6505+. It was my second time to play through it, and it had the gain I had expected. It seemed to be a bit too much gain for me though, but it still sounds awesome for what it's suppose to do.

I had the post WAY down (0.25 or so) because I'm not the best guitar player so I don't want to annoy anyone else in the store, especially with a 6505+ into a 4x12. Someone behind me started playing and after a few minutes said, "Man, it's hard to play with a cut off finger tip." At first I thought, Oh, maybe he's striking up an Iommi discussion. Then he mentioned that HE was the one with the cut finger. He cranked his amp a bit louder than mine, and of course it was a Line 6 Spider III, so I just turned around kept playing quietly. Seeing that I wasn't paying much attention or impressed, he left.

My shopping ended as some little kid played BOTH Stairway to Heaven and a sloppy Crazy Train chorus on the Epiphone Red Double-necker.

It was the full stereotypical stuff at a guitar shop all in one hour.
Quote by thrashmetal101
I always take a running sprint for the acoustic room.

(I didn't actually read your post.)

i love that room. me and my friends go to GC sometimes just to chill in there.
Last time I went to GC they didn't have any good amps out, except for some huge Marshall and Mesa stacks and a ton of crappy solid states. Any guitar on the wall within reach was under $400 T_T
Quote by InvaderTSN
You have a 6505 at your GC? I'm jealous.

One 6505+, which I've only seen the last two times I've went.

Quote by JagStang5246
My GC is just getting Mesas in.

And it doesn't have any Mesas...
ok...?
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
Quote by JagStang5246
My GC is just getting Mesas in.

Since when does GC carry Mesa's?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Why did you tell us this, exactly...?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
Why did you tell us this, exactly...?

Well, I thought it was interesting. Sorry.
There is no GC in Hawaii
The lack of music stores here is also sad.
They even closed one of 'em down in the mall I go to.
What a sad day that was.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by InvaderTSN

Same here....

All we have is MG's, Spider's and Raven's......I have to use the Raven every time unless I'm testing some cleans.....I've got where I just go to the bass section or if I'm with a friend we go to the acoustic room and play a few songs. I always feel bad because we can get slightly loud and it's always so peaceful in the acoustic rooms.....No one is ever there though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by InvaderTSN

i bought mine from there
YEAH DUDE
Quote by spl3001
Well, I thought it was interesting. Sorry.

i thought it was interesting too, but i guess we're wrong Hah, there's this one mesa halfstack I always want to play, but it seems every time i walk in somebody's playing it
Quote by ibanez for life
im not reading that

Then don't post, waste of everyones time.

Anyways, GC is sometimes a decent place to buy some gear but most of the time the stereotypes are accurate.
It was indeed interesting, thanks for telling us about your day

And remember: Enjoy the little things in life.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
L&M (Canadian GC) stocks Mesa quite regularly. There's a healthy supply of 4x12's and Mark IV Dual Recto's and crap I can't afford. I just wish Canada had Peavey. I want a JSX. But... there's a shop about an hour away that just started carrying ENGL, which is mucho rare.
I read it

I expected something funny

thats like a regular day!

dont make ultimate guitar your blog

I still enjoyed it though

I like you
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
...NOT!

lol
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
The rest of you are making me feel great about my GC... I just went on Saturday, and played through:

Mesa Stiletto Ace/ Deuce
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Marshall JVM
Peavey 6505
Peavey JSX
Fender Twin Reverb

They also had an Egnater Tourmaster that I didn't see until I was leaving... the only things that I was really dissapointed that they didn't have were a Classic 30 and JCM800/900's.
Quote by Avedas
L&M (Canadian GC) stocks Mesa quite regularly. There's a healthy supply of 4x12's and Mark IV Dual Recto's and crap I can't afford. I just wish Canada had Peavey. I want a JSX. But... there's a shop about an hour away that just started carrying ENGL, which is mucho rare.

I wanna check out the Tom Lee store in Vancouver, although yeah, L&M here in Surrey has Mesa, but I always go and check out just the acoustic section.
Quote by XianXiuHong
At least America has GC, we have Allans Music and Billy Hyde, and it's so friggin overpriced here.

yea an engl fireball over there is $1300 something here its ****ing $2500 almost and no exchange rate isnt gonna cause THAT difference (just an example one of my mates was lookin at one lol)

that and a set of bass strings (5 string EB slinkys) for me costs $75 australian dollars god i hate playing music in australia except its so much godamn fun

buuut billy hydes here stocks pretty much everything of any importance

that and between the two local music stores near me (mall music and eagle music) you can generally get some ok deals on most well known brands
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by XianXiuHong
At least America has GC, we have Allans Music and Billy Hyde, and it's so friggin overpriced here.

Yeah too right, I hate Billy Hyde here anyway, they are all useless wankers working there
HI