Consisting of members of Entombed and Therion, the grindcore band Carbonized was a good excuse for them to blow off steam and use their ideas that didn't fit into Swedish death metal albums. The result, with influences ranging from Bolt Thrower to Voivod, was a masterpiece of avantgarde grindcore that could also be enjoyed by old school fans.

Read the reviews...

Carbonized - For the Security (1991)
Carbonized - Disharmonization (1992)
Carbonized - Screaming Machines (1996)

You can also get a taste of Carbonized from the following MP3 sampler:

Carbonized - MP3 samper (MegaUpload)
Carbonized - MP3 Sampler (RapidShare)

For more reviews, read The Dark Legions Archive.
hmm, you seem to have pretty good taste, and "avant-garde grindcore" intrigues me
i'll be back when the download finishes
This looks very promising, i will post my opinion when i get back from the store.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Wow, this is actually ****ing excellent. I'm especially liking the bass work.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I own Disharmonization. Incredibly ****ed up album. I made the mistake of listening to it on shrooms once, and it was the craziest night ever.

BTW, NEVER thought I'd hear them mentioned here. props.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Heard the name thrown round a few times, must definitely check them out.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Heard the name thrown round a few times, must definitely check them out.

Same, though I don't listen to a lot of grindcore, which is probably why I've waited so long.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I've been loving For the Security for a long time now, definitely far better than Entombed and far better than most Swedish death metal (which I generally don't like), I should get round to checking out their other stuff soon
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
giving For The Security a listen right now, it is damn good. Really sweet stuff, more people needa check this shit out!
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I was listening to No Canonization earlier, still pretty cool.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Yeah, No Canonization and For the Security are both great
Disharmonization is also good if you're in the mood for something weird
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm