Page 1 of 2
In your opinion what is the best solo of all time?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
This is a real touchy subject, man. It's just going to start a flame war.
I personally don't think any solo is the best.
I plays guitars.
inb4 i cum blood

And that solo Slash did in Searchbar was amazing.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

..I'm not joking, the solo kicks ass.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Graveworm
Fermented Offal Discharge

/Thread.

dude that ****ing solo is insane
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
Depends. For me it switches around alot but right now the last 2 minutes of Selkies by Between the Buried and Me is pretty freaking amazing.
Sufjan Stevens - Springfield, Or Bobby Got a Shadfly Stuck in his Hair

Our band could be your life

Epic Fail.
Quote by Suav Nitebeest
Rolling Stone compiled their own opinionated list, so use that for starters?

Pssh... A mainstream magazine can never be right in the eyes of a predominantly metal community.....
Quote by zerosk8r4life12
Depends. For me it switches around alot but right now the last 2 minutes of Selkies by Between the Buried and Me is pretty freaking amazing.

yeahyeahyeah i <3 BTBAM
Search bar solo?

But seriously there is no 'best guitar solo' you can't judge all solo's and be like oh yeah that one's the best cos of so and so. Every 'great' solo is awesome for different reasons. And you have to consider styles. Metal, shred, blues, jazz or more Vai and Satch stuff like..so many.

Some could be considered better in terms of theory and use of scales incorpertated(sp?) into the solo and have incredible technical skill where as some just make you want to cry through feel and emotion etc or even both. Maybe those can be ranked as some of the best solo's but even then you can't say X solo will always be better than Y solo.

Some of my favourtie solo's come from Rhoads, Vai, Adam Jones etc. All special to me for different reasons.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Last edited by thepatient001 at Jul 13, 2008,
ok then what are just some good solo's in general?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Anything by synyster gates, or something.

Tom Delonge also.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by n0m0ret3ars
how is Floods not in this conversation? gave me goosebumps first time i heard it

woah

Same, man
Most of Metallica's (as in early, not crappy new Metallica) solos are pretty sick
All Shall Perish, ABRB, Behemoth, Belay My Last, TBDM, Born Of Osiris, Carnifex, Despised Icon, I Declare War, Impending Doom, Odious Mortem, Salt The Wound, Suicide Silence, WhiteChapel
Quote by MetalzMinion12
Most of Metallica's (as in early, not crappy new Metallica) solos are pretty sick

Sorry gotta post it!!

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I love the no more tears solo, it's not that hard but it sounds so amazing on the album
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by gunners fan
Sorry gotta post it!!

Says the man with the Green Day avatar.

Agreed with whoever said Soothsayer.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Says the man with the Green Day avatar.

Agreed with whoever said Soothsayer.

So Fucking What!!?

see what I did there??
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
So Fucking What!!?

see what I did there??

Yeah, you made a fool out of yourself. Good job.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Yeah, you made a fool out of yourself. Good job.

Get Fucked!!! Where abouts does it say Im a fan of Greenday solos??? Tbh I love metallica expessually their old stuff but the worlds most original band they are not!!! the same goes for Greenday!!! but that doesn't mean I hate their music!!

btw, it was meant to be a joke!!! I mean for **** sake you don't have to be a wanka bout it!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I'm torn between 3,Stairway to Heaven,Limelight by Rush,Time by Pink Floyd.Actually Hotel Cali is awesome also.Just one?,I can't choose.
Search The Bar - UG Smartasses.

Or.

Flame war, this thread will cause - Yoda.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Page 1 of 2