Is it just me or do all the Hendrix power tabs seem harder than the song itself is. Like they seem way to complicated if you know what i mean. I watch people on youtube (machine gun) for example including Hendrix himself, and it seems like the version they play is a lot easier than what is said on power tab (less chords and less complicated). Im aware that power tabs are made by people and are not always accurate but is it just me or what?
Free Mumia
Quote by aznmetalhead93
It's just you. The people you're watching are probably so good they make it look easy.

you sure about that? i mean, some of the stuff that they have on power tab seems almost impossible to play. I would call myself great at guitar but i think i am decent and probably at the mediocre level. It just seems like the stuff they have on there isn't correct.

Anyways, does anybody have any tips for learning this kind of music? Any tips on memorizing, building the speed, changing positions for hendrix style?
Free Mumia
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Any examples?

machine gun is probably my most recent example of this amongst others that i have found that dont come to mind right now. The versions on youtube just seem a little less complex than what is given by power tab.
Free Mumia
try playing the E string with your thumb when playing chords if you dont already it makes it possible to play the little pull offs and hammer ons that jimi does
Quote by ElliotTW2K6
i have noticed this too. the powertabs have alot of unneeded BS in them.

precisely, it seems like there is alot of unnecesary techniques and notes thrown in.
Free Mumia
Quote by guerilla radio
machine gun is probably my most recent example of this amongst others that i have found that dont come to mind right now. The versions on youtube just seem a little less complex than what is given by power tab.
Machine Gun is unique in that it was never recorded in a studio, so it'll be tough to find the matching audio to the version that's tabbed out.

As for other stuff, Hendrix just make it look easy.