Page 1 of 2
Anything warped tour. Share stories, favorite performances, etc.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
I posted a thread about it a few minutes ago, but I could muster a bit more up.

I thought the band Street Dogs was one of the most entertaining. I'd never heard them before today but they were really interactive and payed attention to the crowd.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
I thought about going with a couple friends.
Then i saw the expected bands and asked myself what the world has come to.
I figure I'll just go see RUSH in a couple weeks instead.
well i missed reel big fish play, but i met aaron barret. woot.
Quote by Connor6c
I sucked on my mom's nipples
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
I thought about going with a couple friends.
Then i saw the expected bands and asked myself what the world has come to.
I figure I'll just go see RUSH in a couple weeks instead.

+1. Rush came by here as well but I couldn't see them.
Ill be there August 9th at the Gorge. Lot of ****ty bands, but a couple good bands, plus the fact that Im gonna be high as **** should make it a fun day.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
@CoheednRHCP: I liek your first quote

I was sooo gonna go to Wapred this year. IT would be my first time. And for FREE !!! ONe of my lady friends knows some friends that had an extra ticket, and they said they would've let me tag along.

But we had this stupid family vacation on the same day <_<
Guess who's vote counts mroe than mine?
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
It was amazingg

It was a tie between Protest the Hero, Reel Big Fish, Cobra Starship, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, and The Devil Wears Prada for the best set.

My youth leader I went with also was really good friends with Dallas in high school so we got to chill with Maylene after warped.
Quote by SuperKoolKid
@CoheednRHCP: I liek your first quote

In my sig?
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
Best. Day. Ever

Started off with a bit of Relient K, but only a couple of songs. (They played The Good Life by Kanye West and was awesome) Then Reel Big Fish, followed by Against Me! After that I saw Angels and Airwaves, which even though I barely ever listen to them, they gave a pretty epic performance. It started raining and they played secret crowds which looked and sounded amazing. Right after them, it was Jack's Mannequin who I never listen to either. They gave an even better performance and now I can't stop listening to them. The last band I watched was Say Anything and I was spent for the day.

Also, I discovered a new band while I was there. I was with my friends and then when I turned around, there was this incredibly hot girl rocking out on the guitar while standing on a high platform. I went over to watch her, and her band sounded f*cking awesome. I got their autographs and a pic with the girl. I'm not lieing when I tell you that she is the most attractive woman i've ever seen. Brunnette, green eyes, tan, and an english accent. The band is called TAT. Here's their page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9320020
Give them a listen, if you can.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
this has been the worst year. the only good band was the aggrolites, street dogs, against me!, reel big fish and the dillinger escape plan.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Going tomorrow
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Best. Day. Ever

Started off with a bit of Relient K,

I stopped there.

My friend went, now she's sick and sore and stuff. She got teh aidz at Warped Tour. I want to go, but I probably won't.
I went to it. I MET PROTEST THE HERO. It was the best moment of my summer so far. It was nice seeing all the bands. It was hot as hell.

Towards the end, my friends GF became distant and then later pretty much broke up with him in the parking lot. Well not really, but that was the beginning of a long messy break up. It sucked, but it didnt outweigh all the fun i had
Quote by Metallica rulz
Sorry buddy, Fallout Boy won't be there.

Not interested in them. I would rather go to that fest with Metallica and Pearl Jam .
Quote by fob12
I stopped there.

My friend went, now she's sick and sore and stuff. She got teh aidz at Warped Tour. I want to go, but I probably won't.

Hey, I didn't really choose to see them. They were at the stage right next to the one I was at when I went to watch Reel Big Fish. But they honestly aren't that bad.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I'm going to the one in Milwaukee on the August 1st with my friend.

Chiodos, Cinematic Sunrise, and The Fall Of Troy aren't there, I'm so ****ing pissed.

My friend wants to see Four Years Strong.

I want to see From First To Last.

Not sure who else we're going to see. Will give updates after I go
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Best day of my life. Saw my three favorite bands (Story of the Year, Against Me!, and Angels and Airwaves) and got to meet everyone from AvA personally.

Meeting Angels and Airwaves was pretty cool. They didn't 'shrug us off' like a couple meet-and-greets I've been to, so that was cool. David Kennedy even made fun of Tom about his huge ego that I thought was pretty funny.

Story of the Year ****in rocked, and I was dehydrated towards the end but it was so intense I kept jumping and ****. And in the last song, "Is This My Fate? He Asked Them," (which is pretty br00t4l) there was a moshpit I got in and when I went to go hit a dude, he fell and I hit the back of a dude's head and started bleeding instantly.

I stumbled my way to the mixing table (everyone moved cause I was bleeding pretty bad) and when I got there, I couldn't reach the people there to tell them I need help so I just sat there trying to get my breath and they didn't come to me because I guess they didn't see the blood and I looked up, made eye contact with one dude who didn't do anything, looked down, and spat a bunch of blood on to the concrete... which is when they gave me a water and let me sit for a moment.

Then I went backstage (Red Cross VIP pass ftw) and saw the guitarist and was like "Dude your ****ing show ROCKED" and he was like "Yeah dude, I had a blast, did you?" And I said "haha yeah until now I think I broke my nose" and he saw the blood and was like "**** dude let's get you to the tour bus and get you some ice!" It was really awesome because he's one of my favorite guitar players and was actually concerned that I was hurt.

Also backstage, AvA's drum tech gave me some Zildjian signature drum sticks (not sure whose signature series ) so that was cool. Then I fell asleep on a hill during Gym Class Heroes set, where Travis, the singer, beat the **** out of a dude with a mic for calling him an "ignorant ass ******," so that was pretty interesting.

I was sunburned like a bitch though...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by fob12
Not interested in them. I would rather go to that fest with Metallica and Pearl Jam .

Haha bonnaroo?

I went to that too, which was also pretty ****ing brutal.

I have to say though, I preferred warped simply because all my favorite bands were lined up in a row throughout the day, so it was one good band after another. It also really helped that I had friends to dick around with all day
Quote by andrew12398
I want to see From First To Last.

They're fun to watch live.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by CoheednRHCP
I posted a thread about it a few minutes ago, but I could muster a bit more up.

I thought the band Street Dogs was one of the most entertaining. I'd never heard them before today but they were really interactive and payed attention to the crowd.

Same here, Ive never heard of them but I think they were the best performance I saw in Orlando.
Best shows show by far was Reel Big Fish.

Had never heard Street Dogs but their show was great too.

Along with Story of the Year and Against Me.
Im goin July 31 with some buddies.

Were gonna see PTH, Pennywise, The Human Abstract, and I think a couple of my friends are gonna make me see Angels and Airwaves (oh well, i don't hate them or anything, just think theyre kinda meh...)

Does the pit have any more suggestions of good bands that are doing warped this year? Cause I haven't heard of most of them.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
check out reel big fish

Oh yeah I've heard a song or two by them, I liked it. Thanks for the suggestion.
I am going August 9th at the Gorge in washington I can't wait.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
hm, I went to the Arizona warped tour this year. It was really good, but I was surprised I actually made it through the whole thing. 100+ degree weather FTL!

August Burns Red & Alesana were probably my favorite performances. ABR played, and like 3 people got carried out of the pit. Then Alesana came on dressed in all effin' BLACK! Only band that I saw at warped doing that, not even As I Lay Dying was in all black.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
anybody see norma jean? how were they?
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by MetalMegaMan
anybody see norma jean? how were they?

Epic.

4th time seeing them and I still had a great time during their set.
Quote by Andrew128900
Best shows show by far was Reel Big Fish
Definitely one of my favorites, but a real concert with them is much better. (I saw them last year with Streetlight Manifesto.)

My stop for Warped Tour was on my birthday (yay!) and it was pretty badass. The first band we saw was Relient K and we were really close. Matt came and crowd surfed and we got to touch him and stuff. It was great.

Reel Big Fish was wonderful (as said before). Some of my friends that knew I liked them came with me but they weren't too fond of the moshpits so we had to move to the side of the stage. Oh well it was still great. I met them after their set.

My favorite band of all time is Jack's Mannequin and I saw their acoustic set. They played a new song but it was the sweatiest I've ever been watching them. I almost had a heart attack when I saw Andrew McMahon.

Saw the electric set of Jack's Mannequin. Oh goodness. Best. Set. Ever. Andrew McMahon is the best front man I've ever seen live. Hayley Williams was watching in the back and during a quiet part of Made for Each Other my friend screamed "I LOVE HAYLEY!" (He totally didn't mean to do this so loudly, just out of shock haha.) The set list left me in ecstasy as I went to go meet him. Haha that experience was something. I asked what kind of basses they used and asked if he could write it on my backpack. (That's what he was signing.) As I getting the picture, the batteries die. GAH. He was so sweet about it though, I wasn't intimidated by him at all. Jack's Mannequin is amazing.

We went to see Paramore and before their set it was already squished. We got pretty close but when Hayley got on stage everyone rushed forward and we could barely move/breathe. Andrew McMahon was watching this set from the side and I was really tempted to scream "I LOVE ANDREW!" But I didn't. Being crushed wasn't worth it so we left.

Best birthday ever.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Was an awesome day. The bands I recommend seeing are:

Reel Big Fish
As I Lay Dying
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Against Me!
The Audition (They're playing acoustically now...their tour bus broke down and the guitarist and singer are following along in their mini van)
Protest the Hero
The Devil Wears Prada
Jack's Mannequin
Say Anything

And to anyone that has All That Remains on their tour date, they put on an incredible show. Also anyone going August 13-17th, go see Oceana...I'm friends with the drummer, they put on a good show.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
This year would be my 5th in row, but since I'm working (although I could easily get it off), it's 100+ km further, and there are far fewer good bands than I'd like to see playing this year, I've got to break the tradition.
hug your local pug dealer!
Greeley Estates and Norma Jean were awesome. Also for the first time I heard Forever the Sickest Kids and have to say I really liked them. I used to hate Shwayze but after seeing them live I really liked them. so...

I recomend-
Greeley Estates
Norma Jean
Forever the Sickest Kids
Shwayze
Page 1 of 2