I want an acoustic guitar badly and i was wondering what preferences you guys have as to a good sounding acoustic.
go to ur guitar store with 300 and ppl will help u, dont trust internet for acoustic, as an acoustic guiatr gets older, the siound gets better so i doesnt matter as much as to what brand
i like my greg bennet samick, it sounds pretty awesome
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
I just bought a Sierra Sunset 28CE or something like that for 300 and i love it!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
if your just starting out then you want a decent guitar so it wont make your ears and fingers bleed ot play T.T I'd recommend the Epiphone Masterbilt Series (as i always do ) if your looking to spend anywhere from 400-500 dollars. i've also heard good things about the Yamaha FG700 series i think thats what its called....just go to a guitar store with a couple of experienced friends (if you have any friends that play the guitar) and they can help you pick out a decent guitar.
Quote by deanosaurx
ivanez makes a good acoustic for the price

No. They Don't. Ibanez makes horrible acoustic guitars. Fender makes soso acoustic guitars as well. Ibanez makes great electric guitars. Horrible acoustic guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Antibiotics101
if your just starting out then you want a decent guitar so it wont make your ears and fingers bleed ot play T.T I'd recommend the Epiphone Masterbilt Series (as i always do ) if your looking to spend anywhere from 400-500 dollars. i've also heard good things about the Yamaha FG700 series i think thats what its called....just go to a guitar store with a couple of experienced friends (if you have any friends that play the guitar) and they can help you pick out a decent guitar.

i've been playing electric for over a year and a half
Quote by guitartaber93
i've been playing electric for over a year and a half

oh ok then that says a lot. could you list a price range? i still recommend the epiphone masterbilts if you have the extra cash to splurge. they're great guitars that're durable and havea great tone. i have a EF-500M. cost me about 500 dollars. looks great, sounds great. what more could yo uask?
Don't buy an Ibanez or Fender acoustic guitar... those guys specialize in electric guitars. Their electric's are amazing, but the acoustic ain't so much.

I personally like Yamaha, they cost low and they are of good quality. Gibson is very good quality as well, but they are very expensive. I hear Martin's are good. They do very good in their acoustics as well, but they might be expensive as well...

I honestly suggest spending around $400-$800 on your acoustic... but that's just me.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by sixwingmortal
Don't buy an Ibanez or Fender acoustic guitar... those guys specialize in electric guitars. Their electric's are amazing, but the acoustic ain't so much.

I personally like Yamaha, they cost low and they are of good quality. Gibson is very good quality as well, but they are very expensive. I hear Martin's are good. They do very good in their acoustics as well, but they might be expensive as well...

I honestly suggest spending around $400-$800 on your acoustic... but that's just me.

I don't know much about Yamahas...but i DO know that if you arent willing ot pay over 1000$ then do not...do NOT buy a Martin or Gibson. Both are very overpriced when it comes to any guitar below 1000$. I highly recommend you check out some Seagulls or Epiphone Masterbilts or even some Guild GADs for anything between 400-800 dollars.