I play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through a Vox Valvetronix Ad30Vt. After listening to a lot of Clapton, B.B. King, Albert King, and SRV I've begun to feel that the blues -esque channel on my amp sounds a little thin even after messing with the settings.

Would the Boss Blues Driver help with this? I haven't played one yet, but I've listened to audio files on GC.com and the boss website. I liked what I heard.

Could I use this channel for other styles of music as well(Rock)?
I'd get a new amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by EsonaB
I play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through a Vox Valvetronix Ad30Vt. After listening to a lot of Clapton, B.B. King, Albert King, and SRV I've begun to feel that the blues -esque channel on my amp sounds a little thin even after messing with the settings.

Would the Boss Blues Driver help with this? I haven't played one yet, but I've listened to audio files on GC.com and the boss website. I liked what I heard.

Could I use this channel for other styles of music as well(Rock)?

The pedal is an interesting thing. It's designed to be an overdrive pedal for a tube amp. However, it sounds pretty good by itself. One of the few good Boss pedals, IMO. It can also do rock, sounding similar to Joe Walsh, GnR, and AC/DC.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I liked the pedal through my SS amp way back in the day. I don't know how it will get along with your amp, but it's worth a try. Eventually, you'll wanna get a tube amp, but this could be a relatively inexpensive stopgap (that's right, Dave, I borrowed that word from you ).
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The boss blues driver is the best pedal for my problem right? I'd like to keep the prise under $100 but I can handle it being a little more
alot of clapton used fuzz (dallas arbiter fuzzes to be exact) to get his tone. and SRV used TS9s
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
It's hard to say. Solid state amps (and really amps in general) can be picky about what OD pedal they get along with. A Digitech Bad Monkey would be a good, inexpensive OD pedal to consider. But try some stuff out through your amp. You may find that an OD pedal is no better than your current modeling.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
It's been a staple on my board for a looong time. Very versatile. Very dynmic.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by MortifiedLizard
The pedal is an interesting thing. It's designed to be an overdrive pedal for a tube amp. However, it sounds pretty good by itself. One of the few good Boss pedals, IMO. It can also do rock, sounding similar to Joe Walsh, GnR, and AC/DC.

funny thing there is i think Joe Walsh actually uses one. he uses a massive board of boss compact pedals with the eagles, it looks like he has the whole product line on that board even though he rarely uses more than overdrive and delay.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I hear the modded BD-2s are supposed to be top notch.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
i myself have a MODDED BD-2. a great pedal before, the mod just corrects what problems it had before, like being a bit fizzy, thin, lacking in bass. overall, i love it, and has been on my board for about 2 years now
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by TNfootballfan62
It's hard to say. Solid state amps (and really amps in general) can be picky about what OD pedal they get along with. A Digitech Bad Monkey would be a good, inexpensive OD pedal to consider. But try some stuff out through your amp. You may find that an OD pedal is no better than your current modeling.

A bad monkey isn't going to do anything on a solid state amp, the screamin' blues is a nice alternative to the blues driver, try them both out and see which one you like better though cause they have different sounds
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
^It'll work just like it should on a SS amp. I don't get why you say that.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
I've played it on a solid state amp, is very transparent and it gives you a volume boost. This is an overdrive that was meant to drive the tubes of a tube amp with volume from the pedal, the screamin' blues is digitechs answer to the sd-1 and the bd-2. it says right on the sb overdrive/ distortion
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
It's a pretty common misconception that OD pedals are designed just to drive tubes. They are used for that to some success, but they are designed to simulate overdriven tube amps. And I can guarantee that a bad monkey gives you an "overdriven" sound on a SS amp. I have personally used the thing with a SS amp. Maybe the pedal just didn't get along with the particular amp you were using, like i mentioned earlier.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Blompcube
funny thing there is i think Joe Walsh actually uses one. he uses a massive board of boss compact pedals with the eagles, it looks like he has the whole product line on that board even though he rarely uses more than overdrive and delay.
Walsh used a Boss OS-2 on the Eagles Farewell 1 tour and an Ibanez TS-9DX Turbo on his 2007 solo tour. Not sure what he used on the '06 James Gang tour or what he's using this time around with the Eagles though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.