Folks, all summer I've been putting in work, practicing my ass off at guitar, I shouldn't say summer, but since about December of last year. Playing a ton, hours per day...and as of the last week or two I have barely touched it. Like I'm still playing an hour or two a day, but its just playing and not practicing. I feel like I've plateau'd, almost feel exasperated and it's lost it's priority in my life.

Help me recapture my passion pit, I need some advice.
Happens to the best of us. I'm in a rut at the moment. I'm hoping, when I get my Laney up and running, I will be fresh and ready to rock.

Try and find a new genre you didn't know you liked. It's like starting guitar all over again.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Find people to jam with
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

play more guitar
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Just take a break. You're obviously burnt out, and some time away from your normal routine will do you good. Try something new for a week or two, and then once you return you will return with a newfound passion and vigor.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

If you don't feel like learning anymore, no one's making you. Start doing different stuff like songwriting. I personally don't give a rat's ass if I never get any better technically than I am now. I just want to keep making songs.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Is the playing 'forced'?
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Play something completely out of the realm of the music you normally play. Like metal? Get into some flamenco.
All your base are belong to us.
Take a long break, that happens to me a lot, I just take a long break and go to drums or practice on my vocals, then you'll go back to playing guitar or stick to the other instrument.
that happens to me all the time. I dont think i really practiced since the begining of the year. Well im starting to but not serious.