I use Rakarrack on my laptop with a Lightsnake cable. It's a very nice open source guitar effects program. Being entirely software though it lacks pedals to control it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a USB pedal board that might be adaptable if a software patch was written to interface it with Rakarrack?

I've googled but I could only find transcribers pedals, flight simulator pedals and piano style pedals. They're not really what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
Quote by JoeUser
I use Rakarrack on my laptop with a Lightsnake cable. It's a very nice open source guitar effects program. Being entirely software though it lacks pedals to control it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a USB pedal board that might be adaptable if a software patch was written to interface it with Rakarrack?

I've googled but I could only find transcribers pedals, flight simulator pedals and piano style pedals. They're not really what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

A MIDI controller might work...
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Other than a midi controller, the only other one I know is Rig Kontrol, that comes with Guitar Rig 3.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Other than a midi controller, the only other one I know is Rig Kontrol, that comes with Guitar Rig 3.

Thanks Reincaster. Rig Kontrol looks like it might do it. Expensive test though.

Quote by MortifiedLizard
A MIDI controller might work...

Also thanks MortifiedLizard, your suggestion led me to Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller. There looks like a lot of hacking going on with this device. Some links on this guys blog to a firmware updating adding a stomp box mode and a yahoo group with tutorial and hardware mods. Not USB though so I'll still be looking into both devices. Thanks again both of you.
Quote by JoeUser
Thanks Reincaster. Rig Kontrol looks like it might do it. Expensive test though.

Also thanks MortifiedLizard, your suggestion led me to Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller. There looks like a lot of hacking going on with this device. Some links on this guys blog to a firmware updating adding a stomp box mode and a yahoo group with tutorial and hardware mods. Not USB though so I'll still be looking into both devices. Thanks again both of you.

well, it says right on the website for rakarack, compatible with midi controllers, not much hacking needed I'd say...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
well, it says right on the website for rakarack, compatible with midi controllers, not much hacking needed I'd say...

Yeah, I noticed that this morning too while discussing it with a co-worker who has more experience with midi than I do. An online Linux journal article we were looking at mentioned it. Rakarrack doesn't have complete midi support yet but the basics are there. "MIDI messages can control overall volume and program changes, but alas, as of version 0.1.2 parameter control via MIDI is not implemented." Won't be able to setup the second pedal for Wah yet but toggling on and off effects or cycling through presets should work. It's a start and it's still early in development. I'll keep an eye on the project.

I hadn't considered a midi controller until you guys mentioned because whenever I think of midi I always think keyboards. I also don't have a midi input on the laptop so my first thought was USB. I'll just get a midi input, this Behringer and the $10 mod chip and I'm all set. This is going to make it so much easier than I was expecting. Unfortunatly now I need to find a new local retailer. Tom Lee Music is sold out of that particular midi controller.

Thanks again.