Hey, I was planning to get a recording interface, and I stumbled across this little gadget. Originally, I planned to record my guitar with a mic, but I heard this can get pretty good tones...is this true? Also, if I ever decide to record my electric or acoustic using a mic, would I be able to use this as an interface?
It varies on who you ask about the Toneport. It does have some great stuff built into the driver interface. Alot of people will say it sounds too digital. I like the cleaner effects, and some of the crunch isn't bad, but with heavy disto alot of the mids get drowned out.

I'm actually still experimenting with mine though. I've been running a Digitech RP350 through bypass on it lately.
Gears;
Schecter Tempest Custom - Pearl
EMG 81/85
Digitech RP350
UX2 / Audition / Ableton
All my songs, with the exception of The Mirror's Truth are done with the Toneport UX2. A good amount of people seem to criticize Toneport in general, but I'm liking my results thus far.

I'm not on my home comp right now but I believe there's around 30-35 different amp head simulations, 25-30 cabinet simulations, and then a line of pedals with all sorts of effects which can be mixed including delays, flange, chorus, wah.... really too many to list. There is also the option to buy additional packages online which will download more effects, amps, and cabs.

The stock purchase comes with quite a few presets based on popular songs ranging from classic to somewhat contemporary. Presets can also be made and shared by users, which can be searched for at http://line6.com/customtone/ .

For me it was definitely worth the price. I'd recommend it if you are fairly serious about recording on the computer. I gotta ask though, when you say you are looking for a recording interface, do you mean a studio type of interface? If so, this is not that, it is more of a device to get guitar tones. Although the purchase does come with a recording program, I've never tried it.

And in regards to acoustic, yes, it has two mic inputs (just make sure it's the UX2 you choose if you get it!), both of which are 3 pin jacks with phantom power.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Metalfan757 at Jul 14, 2008,
Not as much different with my ux1, I just wana say that I love mine.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

hm, it seems that you guys have pretty good experiences with the UX2...oh, and Metalfan, I'm just looking for something to record guitar with, basically to be able to record the guitars and bass of the songs i write. Also, i wanted to use it to record audio for the guitar, then post videos on youtube with the enhanced audio, rather than the sound that comes through the camera speakers.

Just one more, really important question: say I was to buy an instrument mic, would I be able to record my amp with the mic, as an alternative to plugging directly in? I might eventually buy a mesa half stack, and I bet I could get a better sound if I mic'd the cab.
Quote by locosenor13
Just one more, really important question: say I was to buy an instrument mic, would I be able to record my amp with the mic, as an alternative to plugging directly in? I might eventually buy a mesa half stack, and I bet I could get a better sound if I mic'd the cab.

Yes you can record just the guitar through the mic but I'm not entirely sure how it would sound. If you're looking for something to just record amps and tones that you already have, I wouldn't recommend the Toneport.