Is it a better idea in the long to buy a car new? It won't have nearly as many mechanical problems and it would be kept a greater length of time before getting another car. But a used one costs a lot less, so I'm conflicted.
You should buy the best car you can afford. Alot of times this means getting a high quality car that is a couple years old instead of buying a cheap new car. Try to stay away from old cars if you can.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
You should buy the best car you can afford. Alot of times this means getting a high quality car that is a couple years old instead of buying a cheap new car. Try to stay away from old cars if you can.

x2. I recommend getting Consumer Report's car issues, as they have very detailed reliability reports so you can anticipate yearly ownership costs and possible issues. Also, don't skimp on researching vehicles...Carfax reports and multiple test drives may be necessary to sort out what's best for you. Older cars may have worse fuel economy, but the money you save by skipping the worst part of depreciation may save you by the time you're done with the car.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
In my experience, Toyota's last for as long as you need them to, and they're good on gas.
Quote by civildp1

Go get a Combi it's the hippies car!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Get a subaru. Best car you can get. All seriusness thought it just depends on the car. Id suggest you get a used car first, just so you get used to driving in the real world. That way you dont have to worry about scrathes or bumbs, you dont have to baby it as much. Getting a new car would b stupid. Insuranc is gunna b mad money, you'll have to break in the engine and all that blah blah blah. When buyn used cars, dont get it from a chain dealers or like a "chevy dealer" they will just mess you up. Get it from sum1 smaller. When looking at old cars, consider the age,milleage,any body rust, and overall condition. If its a city car expect to have a better body condition but the city drive will hurt the engine overall. But highway miles is the reverse, expect a a better engine, but the body will have a worse body confition, like stone defletions and such. Overall though get a jap car, within 90-06 within that age the Japs were flawless, Toyota Subaru Honda, are your best bet. Models withn those are The Impreza,Legacy,Camry,Corolla,Accord,Civic. All great cars, Betta than any domestic ****.
Never buy new, ever ( if you care about saving money ). The moment you sign the papers the car loses a good amount of it's value. If you buy used then the car still has nearly the same value as it did when it was still in the lot.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag