So I want to change the pickguard of my red stratocaster for a black one. Is it hard to change ? I also want this to cover the white original pickups, how do I install that ?

I also unscrewed the screws around the pickups to take off some protective plastic ( from when its brand new ), and I realized that the pickups moved, bad mistake ? How do I replace them like they were ?
The screws for the pick up are usually used for adjusting them up and down. They also hold the pick up from underneath which you will soon see.

What guitar is this and are you only swapping out the pick gaurd?

Take off the vol/tone knobs and the selector switch rubber thingy.

Then start unscrewing the pick gaurd screws only.

Also, you may want to keep track of what screws are what to avoid confusion when putting back together. Just kind of pay attention or document a bit as you go because you will end up doing everything in reverse order once you put back together.
I want to replace it because I don't like the white color and want it black, also the pickups, knobs and switch knob.

My biggest concern now is to be sure that the pickup cover fits on any kind of pickup

I have a MIM stratocaster bought new this year.

Found those on ebay : http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fender-USA-Black-Pickup-Covers-for-Strat-Stratocaster_W0QQitemZ350079250747QQihZ022QQcategoryZ47076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Last edited by TinyJimbo at Jul 14, 2008,
nvm, It's bought

I'll have a nice look I think, mapple neck, red body, b/w/b pickguard, black knobs with white numbers, black switch knob
i have the same guitar and did the same thing

Edit: only I have a HSS and went all black except for minor trim is white.

i can't remember if my single coil pup covers were called vintage or not but they look like they would work fine. Yes - that is the same pack I got. Do you already have the new knobs and such?

are you doing this now?

if not - just also remember that not all pick gaurds fit exactly. Screw hole wise you will probably be fine but I had to drill out the vol/tone holes in the new pick gaurd a bit more so that the nut for vol/tone poles would pop up all the way thru. Not a big deal, it is really just thick vinal or plastic.

otherwise, post back here or PM me if you have any questions.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 14, 2008,